Tunisia – Gnaouia Stew
by Verdzekov Bernard
Cuisines in general are prepared by people found in a particular tribe or culture. They prepare it so good that it is loved to be eating by everyone though not all but by most. This cause the names of this cuisines to go viral. Making so many to talk about it, making them love it, making them cook it and eat it. The local cuisine of the African people is said to be one of the best cuisines. The cuisines are of different types from different cultures and tradition. In the western world, the have their own cuisines the value a lot but because of transatlantic trade, the movement if people from one locality to the next, from one country to the next, from one continent to the next, this local cuisine and how the prepare it move with them. Today, I am about to write on another cuisine valued most by Tunisians, but eating by nearly all Africans. This Tunisian stew is made from Okras, and can be prepared with chicken, lamb or beef. It is all your choice. This Tunisian meal is traditionally served with bread. Tunisia is found in North Africa. To prepare Gnaouia, though the pronunciation is difficult, just follow process below
- Salt to taste
- Okra (10)
- Olive oil
- Harissa 1 table spoon.
- 1 table spoon karouia.
- Fresh Ginger
- Vegetable oil
- Chop your onions into tiny slices.
- If you don’t see karouia to use, use caraway and paprika.
- Prepare your chicken and keep aside.
- Blend your ginger and rob it on the slices of chicken with maggi and salt to taste.
- Boil the chicken with some slices of onions. This should take aprox 25min
- Keep chicken stock.
- Stand your frying pan on heat. Add your vegetable oil and allow it to heat up. After it is heated up, put slices of boiled chicken in the frying pan. Put the slices gently since the oil is already hot.
- Fry for about 10min and remove. Do not allow chicken to get to dry.
- Cut okra and rinse in vinegar water.
- In a large main cooking pot, put in olive oil turn in your sliced garlics and onion in it and stir. Turn on heat and allow it to fry for some time.
- Add your salt to taste and maggi. Stir well. Allow for 2min then add in your tomatoes and fry too. it should take at list 10min, add your chicken slices and stir. Continue stirring so that you prevent spices from sticking to the pot. Add half a mock of water and stir well. allow pot for 5min
- Add your chopped okra and stir well. if too thick, add water and allow it to simmer with the ingredients. Allow pot open. Taste to check for salt and maggi. Add if necessary. Allow pot for 10min.
- Remove and serve with bread.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!