The United States – Red Beans With Gravy
Red kidney beans are one of the vegetarian dishes. It is gravy type dish in which boiled red kidney beans prepared with a combination of gravy and make a delightful vegetarian dish. This dish is a part of European cuisines and is associated with the United States. It is also called Red Beans and it is usually served both at home and also in some restaurants. There are a few main components or ingredients are consists of, which are Red Beans, Celery, and some spices. This dish is one of the restaurant-style dishes in the United States. When we talk about its taste, which is tasteful, delightful, and mouthwatering, and also its fragrance and aroma are fantastic and mouthwatering. Many people and some restaurants serve this dish with hot boiled rice and some are served with hot chapatti. This recipe has 2 main process the one softens the red beans with the boiling method and soaked overnight then the second process is to make a curry with the combination of some popular spices that I described in the Cooking method and in the end assembled both of them to make a delightful vegetarian dish. As this is a restaurant-style dish, we can make it at our own home by following this short and easy recipe and shared with our family and with loved ones.
Origin and History
Every type of dish must have origin and history in their cuisine’s introductory part with their respective cuisine’s tradition this is the most important portion of any cuisine. So, the origin and history is the main part of this cuisine. When we talk about the origin of this dish (Red Beans Gravy) origin of this dish is undesirable because in Asian cuisine the same dish with a different name is originated and associated from the Indian Subcontinent and it is the part of North Indian cuisine while on the other hand it is also originated from the United States with different cooking Method and a different name. So, the name of this dish in India is “Rajma”, Indian people called it ‘’Rajma’’ while on the other hand in European Region the same kind of dish is known as “Red Beans Gravy’’. Some people called it Red Kidney Beans with gravy. So, that’s why the origin of this dish is undesirable, and don’t know the exact origin. Throughout it is sold at many restaurants and many local hotels in the United States. This dish becomes popular day-by-day.
Serving with Hot Boiled Rice
As we know that serving is also the main portion of any cuisine. So, when we talk about serving this dish, as it is the restaurant-style dish they will serve it with hot boiled rice but some restaurants used chapatti for serving. My opinion is that this dish is very tasteful with hot serving boiled rice and I think it is made for the boiled rice. This vegetarian dish can eat any time like you can eat it at lunchtime or you can eat it at Dinner time and many more it’s up to you. So follow this recipe step-by-step and make it simply at your own home.
- (Red kidney beans) 2 Cups (soaked overnight)
- Water 4 Cups or as required
- (Salt) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- Cooking oil 2-3 tbs
- (Butter) 2 tbs
- (Onion) chopped 3 medium
- (Tomatoes) chopped 3 medium
- (Ginger garlic paste) ½ tbs
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Red chili powder) 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- (Cumin powder) 1 & ½ tsp
- (Turmeric powder) 1 tsp
- (Kashmiri red chili powder) 1 tsp
- -(Coriander seeds) roasted & crushed ½ tbs
- Garam masala powder ½ tsp
- Water 1 Cup or as required
- Cream 2 tbs
- (Fresh coriander) chopped handful
- (Fresh coriander) chopped
- (Onion) rings
- Lemon wedge
- First, take a medium-size pot set it on the stove at low flame.
- Then add red kidney beans (2 cups soaked overnight), 4 cups of water or as required and salt to taste.
- After this mix well and leave it to boil at medium flame.
- After boiling remove scum over the water.
- Then cover the pot and cook it medium flame until the red kidney beans are tender or soft for approximately 45 to 50 minutes.
- Now for removal of water cook on high flame until some water is left behind.
- Set it aside.
- Now take a medium-size frying pan to add cooking oil and butter.
- Let the butter melt, then add chopped onions and fry it until lightly golden or translucent.
- Then add 3 medium chopped tomatoes into the pot and mix it well.
- Continuously cooking and stir, then add ginger garlic paste and mix well and cook for a minute.
- Then add salt to taste, red chili powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and Kashmiri red chili powder, roasted and crushed coriander seeds, and Garam Masala powder into the frying pan.
- Mix well and continuously cook or cook for 2 to minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water or as required mix well and leave it to boil.
- Then cover the pan and cook it on medium-low flame for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- For oil, separation cook it on high flame or for approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Your gravy is ready.
- Now for assembling combined both red kidney beans and gravy.
- Take prepared red kidney beans and add them into the frying pan of gravy.
- Now mix it well and turn off the flame.
- Add 2 tsp of cream and then turn on the flame.
- Then mix it well and add a handful of chopped fresh coriander spread over the pan.
- Let’s cover the frying pan and give it a simmer cook on low flame for approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Your Red Kidney beans are about to ready to eat.
- For garnishing add fresh coriander, round cut onions, and lemon wedges.
- Serve it to your family and your loved ones.
- Enjoy the meal.
- Calories: 127 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 22.3g
- Proteins: 8.7g
- Sugar: 0.2g
- Preparation Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Cooking or baking time: 20 to 25 minutes
- Total Time: At least one hour required
- Serving: 4 to 5
- Origin: European region
- Cuisine: The United States
- Taste: Sour and Spicy
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!