by Muhammad Resh
Today I’ve come up with a new recipe which is Hash Browns, this is a local dish of United States America and other European countries. This dish is liked by many people all over the European countries especially America. It contains 2 main ingredients which are potatoes and cheese. People like to eat this dish in breakfast, but in North America people like to eat this dish in Dinner. It consists of finely chopped potatoes which we fry until it changes its color to brown. This is an easy dish, anyone can make this dish at home just by following the steps given below. Researches shows that Hash Brown has been the most favourite dish of children as it has a cheese and it has a spicy taste. I suggest you to make this dish at home, I hope you and your children will like this dish
Origin and History
Talking about the history and Origin of this dish, let me tell you that this dish is originated from United states of America. It was first discovered in 1887 in New York which is the city of America. This dish was discovered by Maria Parloa in 1887. This dish was served in breakfast in history by many restaurants but nowadays it is offered in any part of the day.
- 160cal Calories
- 10 g Fats
- 1.5 g Saturated Fat
As I have told you earlier that people eat this dish in breakfast in the past. So there are many restaurants who offer this dish in breakfast and people like to eat this dish in breakfast with an egg and bread.
- Corn flour 1 tbs
- Cheddar cheese grated 3 tbs
- Oil for frying
- Rice flour 2 tbs
- Red chili powder ½ tsp or to taste
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder 1 tsp
- Potatoes peeled ½ kg
- Ice cold water
- Butter 2 tbs
Steps to make
- For making Hash Brown the very first is to slice potatoes and for this, you need a slicer and grate them with the help of it
- After slicing the potatoes now add the above-sliced potatoes in a bowl containing ice-cold water and let it rest for up to 12 minutes
- After 12 minutes take out the above-sliced pieces of potatoes and drain them well with the help of a muslin cloth.
- After draining it well now squeeze it hard so that no moisture remains in it and then set it aside.
- After these steps now take a wok and, add 2 tsp butter in it and let it melt, then add the above-grated potatoes in it and, mix well completely and cook it on a medium flame for 5 minutes then set it aside for cooling.
- Now add 2 tbsp rice flour, 1/2 tbsp red chili powder, 1 tbsp salt, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tbsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp cornflour, and 2 tbsp cheddar cheese in it and, mix it well and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Dip your hands in oil, then take the above mixture of sliced potatoes and then make an oval shape of it.
- And in the end take a frying pan, heat oil in it, and fry the above oval shape mixture until it changes its color to a golden brown.
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Cooking level: Easy