Thailand – Khanom Chin Nam Ya
by Dwi Lias Susanti
When we talk about Thai culinary is not only about eating, it a complete culture. When visiting a Thai restaurant, we will have treated not only with an authentic taste of Thai, but we can feel the atmosphere of Thailand culture. They have Thai ornaments, even the room has a unique smell, and how they greet their customer will make you feel like you were in Bangkok.
Thai spice relies on a spicy, salty, and sour taste that makes a fresh feeling when tasting it. Soup and noodle are Thai people favorite dish that gives this flavorful taste. There are many kinds of soup in Thai dishes like Tom Yum or Tom Kha Kai that already well known for their delicious taste, and there is also one more delicious soup from Thailand called Khanom Chin Nam Ya.
Khanom Chin Nam Ya use white noodle with tasty fish broth. Khanom Chin Nam Ya has a longer name than other Thai dishes, but it becomes one of Thai favorite dishes. When visiting Thailand, tourists can found Khanom Chin Nam Ya easily in a street food stall. It tastes savory with a fresh basil aroma; tourist can choose their favorite topping. There is cabbage, cucumbers, chopped banana blossom, mustard green pickles, bean sprout, and bitter melon. You can add chili powder or dried chili to make a spicier taste.
For those who never visit Thailand or visit their restaurant, you can cook it on your own. It pretty simple, and you can find the ingredient in your local market. Let’s prepare Khanom Chin Nam Ya for dinner.
- 250-gram beef, slice cut
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 200 ml of ginger water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick onion leaves, thin sliced
- 3 clove garlic, chopped
- 7 red chili
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 200 ml thick coconut milk
- Hard-boiled egg, cut into two.
- 200-gram sago flour
- Take 40-gram sago flour boil with 100 ml water until sticky.
- Pour the sticky sago into 160-gram sago flour, mix until dough smooth.
- Mold the dough in noodle in noodle maker.
- Cook with boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Remove into cold water.
- Pick and drain. Noodle ready to use.
How to cook
- Marinate beef with pepper, salt, and ginger water.
- Stir onion leaves, garlic, and red chili for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, vinegar, fish sauce, chili powder, and coconut milk. Stir until boiling.
- Add sugar, salt, and pepper. Adjust the taste. Cook until the beef tender.
- Remove into a small serving bowl.
- Khanom Chin Nam Ya ready to serve with a side of white noodle and hard-boiled egg.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!