by Verdzekov Bernard
Chips Mayai is a very popular dish in Tanzania. This is a very common dish in Tanzania and other parts of Africa like Cameroon. In Cameroon, this is a very popular dish and it could be seen made on the streets every day for breakfast. In Cameroon, Chips Mayai is usually served for breakfast on the streets. When you come there to be served Chips Mayai, you decide on the number eggs you want. You could be served 10 (ten) eggs if you want. It depends on how many you can eat with spaghetti or Irish. It is very simple and not complicated. You may have served yourself this particular breakfast cuisine and may not even value it as they do. But in Tanzania and other African countries like Cameroon, they add more value to it. A simple plate of Chips Mayai is 500frs (five hundred francs) and it usually served with milk tea if you want. Below is going to be the guide on how you could prepare your Chips Mayai;
- Fry pan
- Chopping board
- Gas cooker (that is if you have)
- Plate or bowl
- Vegetable oil
- Green spices (optional)
- Spaghetti (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Clean your potatoes skin, wash well and slice to smaller slices. Heat your deep fry pan with vegetable oil in it. Add your potatoes and fry. When ready and dry and remove and put aside. Then go to fry your eggs.
- For spaghetti, it is said to be optional because it is in Cameroon that we often use spaghetti. But it is your choice to make.
- Chop your onions and tomatoes and keep aside.
- Beat your eggs two, three etc. depending on how many you want to eat or the customer wants to eat. Put your salt to taste with Maggi. Chop your green spices and add.
- Whisked well. if you love to add your spaghetti, add and whisk well.
- Put aside.
- Stand your fry pan on heat, add your vegetable oil. Heat up. And your fried potatoes, Add your whisked eggs with spices. Allow for about 2min, check if brawn, turn to the other side, and allow for 2min, check if brawn, remove .
Serve with tea if you which…