Spain, United Kingdom, France – Delicious Creme Caramel Pudding
Cream Caramel is another type of delightfully sweet dessert. Dessert means a sweet dish which is usually eaten after dinner and lunch time. This dessert is a type of layer that includes caramel layer and cream layer. The word caramel means sugar syrup which is in dark brown and sometimes brown color after heated it well. It is also known as a sweet sauce. You can make it in any kind of shape and its structure like a soft toffee after cool it down. The cuisine is a part of the European Region and includes the United Kingdom and Spain’s cuisine. There are two parts of this dessert, the one is cream which is made from milk and eggs while the other portion is caramel which I already described made as a Sugar Syrup. There are three main and popular countries that this dessert has been associated with. They include Spain, France, and Italy which are the most popular countries in the European region. Throughout these countries, this dessert has sold in Bakeries and their Supermarkets. But with the passage of time and in 21st century the technologies are advance now and almost all people can access the internet and learn cooking methods from there. So, in conclusion, most of the people mostly housewives can make it to their own home. So, you also can make this special type of dessert at your own home by following the cooking and baking procedure which is in a very easy way.
Origin and History
Every kind of dish must have origin and history in their cuisine’s introductory part with their respective cuisine’s tradition this is the most important part of any cuisine. So, when we talk about the origin of this sweet delightful dessert (Cream Caramel Pudding) is originated from British Cuisine but some food historians said it is hard to prove that the origin of this dessert is unknown because in 20th-century cream caramel pudding occurs in large amount and sold in European restaurants. It is also the type of custard.
Different Verities in Different Countries
There are many types of verities of cream caramel pudding or custard. In the French language, crème means custard. While in Spain (a Spanish-speaking country) the cream caramel pudding is often known as “Flan” and this word is a Spanish word which meaning is the same as cream caramel custard. But in the United Kingdom the same world flan has an alternative which is tart, ‘tart’ is also a type of dessert in which cream caramel included.
When we talk about this dessert from a regional point of view, in India this dessert is also popular and makes it with some different variations, and it is served at restaurants in Mangalore, India. While in Japan, the word cream caramel pudding is also known as a ‘punin’ which means pudding or custard pudding and it is sold in Japanese convenience stores.
Ingredients for Caramel Pudding
- Milk 1-litre
- Sugar 1 ¼ cup
- Eggs 8
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 cup
- Water ¼ cup
Milk Mixture Preparation
- Take a pot put it on the stove at low flame.
- Add 1 liter of milk, sugar into the pot and mix it well.
- Now cook it on high flame for approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- After cook well leaves it to cool.
- Take a medium-size frying pan add sugar, water, as required, bring it to boil without stirring.
- Then take the bowl greasing with butter from all sides.
- Now add caramel into the bowl and refrigerate it for approximately 15 minutes.
- Now, take another bowl add 8 eggs, and beat them well for 2 minutes.
- Then add the prepared milk mixture into that bowl and whisk it well through a whisker.
- Let’s add vanilla essence and again whisk it well.
- Now the main step is to combine milk and egg mixture with caramel.
- Let’s cover the bowl with aluminum foil or sheet, prick with a fork and place the bowl caramel in a large pot.
- Then add hot water to fill the pot approximately half an inch.
- Now bake in a preheated oven over 170 degrees for approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- After baking it leave it to cool.
- You can refrigerate it for almost 4 to 5 hours or overnight.
- Now your sweet dessert “Cream Caramel Pudding” is ready to eat.
- Serve cold to your family and your loved ones.
- Enjoy the dessert.
- Calories: 240 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Proteins: 7.7g
- Fat: 3.2g
- Preparation Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Cooking or baking time: 40 to 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes required
- Serving: 4 to 5
- Origin: European region
- Cuisine: England or Spain, France
- Taste: Sweet and Bitter
- Type: Pudding
- Course: Dessert
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!