by Verdzekov Bernard
Rice is like a necessity to a home. Many homes have rice as their main cuisines. Rice is widely eating all over the world. The cuisine is simple and has many ways to which it can be prepared. Rice Pilaf originated from Europe, but accepted and widely prepared In Senegal. However, it could be considered as a Senegalese cuisine as well. It is not complicated and easy to prepare.
Many at times when we go to the market to purchase rice, it is written on the bags of rice that perfume rice. This type of rice has been chemicalized and needs that before cooking, you need to wash it well as to avoid body or organ complication in the future. When you consume a lot of such, it may cause cancer. So, make sure to wash your rice before cooking, not only to remove dirt but also to limit chemical reaction in them. To prepare rice Pilaf, follow the guide below;
- Vegetable oil
- Green spices
- Salt to taste
- Curry powder
- 5 cups of Plain rice
- Fresh meat
- Grind your garlics and keep aside.
- Chop your onions and carrots and keep aside.
- Chop your green spices and keep aside.
- Chop your meat into small eatable slices wash very well and put in a pot. Add your water and some chopped onions and boil.
- Put your oil into your main cooking pot. Heat up. Fry your onions, garlics and green spices.
- This should take about 5min.
- Add in your curry powder and stir well. Add salt to taste and maggi.
- Add in your carrot and stir. Add one cup of water then add you rice and stir well. Allow pot for about 5min then add your meat stock, stir well. Add your meat and cover pot for 10min.
- Open and check to avoid burns when the water in the pot dries off, Add water if necessary.
- Add maggi too if necessary, so as to make your rice tasteful. But when adding maggi here, you will need to dissolve it first. This is to avoid maggi concentration in some parts of the rice. Cover pot for 15min more, lower your heat, add some one or two cocks of vegetable oil stir well, add pepper allow pot for 5min then remove. Your rice Pilaf is ready. Serve.