Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan – Gur Walay Chawal
by Binyamin Shahzad
Gur Walay Chawal is traditional Punjabi Pakistani dessert. Gur that is in English language called Jaggery and Chawal called rice. Less people used to know the correct recipe of it that’s why today I am going to share with you the recipe of gur walay chawal. When we talk about gur then we come to know that gur has unlimited benefit for health, especially it is natural body cleanser, further reducing the workload of the liver. Gur helps cleanse the liver by flushing out harmful toxins from the body, which further helps detoxify the liver. There is one more benefit of gur is that its ability to purify the blood. After reading my recipe now anyone can easily prepare gur walau chawal because I have described below in detail. It is famous recipe because it has the great taste with the ultimate experience of the old generation.
As I have already mentioned above that today I am sharing here a traditional Punjabi Pakistani recipe that is unique in taste and healthy to eat. This dish is prepared in the Punjab. The Punjabi people love to eat gur walay chawal after lunch or dinner as dessert because of its health benefit and delicious taste. This idea comes to my mind because I want to share the healthiest and delicious recipe. The recipe which I have shared below is easy to cook and best in taste. One thing should be done with great care is that proper inclusion of ingredients in the right quantity should be ensured for getting the best taste then this Gur Walay Chawal recipe is most amazing and delicious
- Basmati rice 500 grams
- Gur 500 grams
- Oil 1/3 cup
- Fennel Seed 1 tsp
- Almond grinded 2tbsp
- Kishmish 2tbsp
- Coconut slice 2tbsp
- Orange Food color ½ tsp
- Water as required
- First of all wash the rice put rice, water and food color in the hot pan and keep it on flame for 10-12 minutes.
- After 10-12 minutes stain the rice and put it in the dish.
- Put the Gur in the Kadai
- Add ½ cup of water in the pan and keep the pan on the flame and wait for 10 minutes
- After 10 minute Chashni is ready
- Now take a kadai( Cooking pot) put oil in it
- Add fennel seed in it
- Add boiled rice in it
- Put the chashni in it and wait for 05-07 minutes
- After 05-07 minutes pour the almond, kishmish and coconut in it, mix it well and covered it and keep the flame low and wait for 07-10 minutes
- After 07-10 minutes Gur walay Chawal is ready to serve.
Gur Walay Chawal
Now the Gur Walay Chawal is ready. You can serve it in Lunch or Dinner. Here is given below the picture of Gur Walay Chawal so let’s enjoy this with your family:-
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!