by Fauzan Anandika
Shopping is one of the best ways to relieve our stress, and malls become the best place to shop. An integrated place for shopping, the mall provide us with various kinds of merchant in a convenient place, and if you feel thirsty and hungry there also a restaurant and drink stall inside the mall.
Philippine maybe the best place to shop in the world since there is the biggest mall in the world establish there. From 10 biggest mall in the world, 3 of them is in the Philippines. You can find SM Megamall, SM North Edsa, and SM Mall of Asia. Philippine also become the 12th crowdest country in the world. With this population surplus, Philipina becomes rich in tradition and culture. Influence by Spain, the Philippines has a beautiful dance-like Sarimanok dance, Tinikling dance, and Carinosa dance. For the culinary, The Philippines was influence by Spain and the Chinese. So for Asian people who want to taste Spanish food, they can just come here. Philippine also has a delicious porridge that good to eat during a rainy season like this. Its name is Arroz Caldo.
Arroz Caldo is a dish that uses Philippine rice grain spice with ginger, black pepper, grilled garlic, and scallions. Arroz Caldo serves with a side of hard-boiled egg and fish sauce or calamansi. The Philippines use safflower (kasubha) for coloring the dish into a yellow color. The Philippine people believe that eating Arroz Caldo will give a relaxing feeling, and they usually eat it for breakfast.
To cook Arroz Caldo, The Philippines use a sticky rice grain called Malagkit, but it also can use regular rice grain. They use chicken meat to topped the porridge with ginger gravy that creates a warm feeling when eating the porridge. It’s quite easy to cook Arroz Caldo, is uses a similar technique with another porridge recipe but with a different spice. Arroz Caldo will taste better with a side of Atchara
- 10 ml of olive oil
- 1 piece of onion, diced cut.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cm of ginger, thin sliced
- 300 gram chicken breast, shredded
- 5 ml of fish sauce
- 2 liters of chicken broth
- 300 gram of sticky rice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper powder
- 30-gram scallion, chopped
- 1 piece of lemon, sliced into 3 part
- ½ kilogram of green papaya, peeled and shredded
- 1 piece of carrot, cut into a flower shape
- ½ red paprika, long shape cut
- 3 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Squeeze the green papaya with salt to remove the juice.
- Add carrot, paprika, garlic, sugar, and turmeric powder.
- Finely stir all the ingredients.
- Place it in a medium bowl.
How to cook
- Heat olive oil in a big boiling pot.
- Ad ginger, onion, and garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add shredded chicken, cook for 1 minute.
- Add fish sauce, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and sticky rice. Cover the pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the rice stick to the pot.
- Add salt and pepper, adjust the taste.
- Garnish with scallions, lemon, and fish sauce.
- Arroz Caldo ready to be served with a side of Atchara