Pakistan – White Chicken Karahi
by Dexter Don
White karahi has become the local cuisine in Pakistan and it is also a Pakistani Dhaba food. When there is no time for you to cook or there are unexpected guest or you have been out from home for whole day and you don’t want to order food then this quick and delicious recipe of white karahi never disappoints on such occasions. And, children love this dish because of it’s taste.
In the given recipe , I have cooked the chicken directly. But sometimes, when there is a plenty of time for me to cook then I simply marinate the chicken with everything in the recipe except yogurt and cream. This recipe is liked by all kinds of people because it has good taste and is also healthy dish because of chicken i it. I suggest you all to make this dish at home and i’m sure you’ll like this dish and as well as your children will love it too.
- Cream ¼ cup
- Milk 2 tbs
- Cheddar cheese grated 3 tbs
- Cooking oil ½ cup
- Cashew nuts 10-12
- Chicken karhai cut 750g
- Green chillies 3-4
- Ginger garlic crushed 1 & ½ tbs
- Cumin seeds roasted & crushed 1 tbs
- Coriander seeds roasted & crushed 1 tbs
- Red chilli crushed 1 tsp
- Salt ½ tsp or to taste
- Black pepper crushed 1 tsp
- Yogurt whisked ¾ cup
- Lemon juice 1 tbs
- Chicken powder 1 tbs
- Dried fenugreek leaves ½ tbs
- Ginger julienne
Directions To Make
- First take a bowl and in a bowl add cream, milk, cheddar cheese, mix well & set aside.
- Now take a wok and in a wok add cooking oil, cashew nuts and fry until it becomes golden brown & set aside.
- And after that in the same wok, add chicken and fry until it becomes golden.
- Now add green chillies, ginger garlic and mix them well.
- After mixing them add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red chilli crushed, salt, black pepper crushed and mix it well.
- Now add yogurt, lemon juice, chicken powder and mix them well
- Now cover & cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes then cook on high flame until oil separates.
- After cooking add cream & cheese mixture and mix well.
- After that add dried fenugreek leaves and mix it well.
- Now add ginger and fried cashew nuts.
- And at the end garnish it with fried cashew nuts, green chilli, ginger & serve!
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!