By Dahiza Umar
Boong payye in pakistan:
Boong payee is an ancient recipe of it times. It is famous not in LAHORE but all over PAKISTAN.
This recipe is actually special Punjabi breakfast in LAHORE. Grannies and mothers cooked this dish full night on slow heat and serve in the morning with nan or khamiri roti/ chapati. Punjabi are known as ‘’zinda dil’’, mean they don’t concern about calories or fat just eat to their full. This dish is known by its rich buttery flavor.
After this heavy breakfast I don’t think that anybody can eat the whole day.
Bong payee is actually trotters / hoof of beef or lamb. Even in winter this dish is usually made every two weeks. It has soupy consistency and gravy is mixed with bone marrow and desi ghee with traditional spices and cooked overnight on slow heat so flavors and bone marrow just infuse into gravy and rich texture is achieved.
- Payee 2
- Meet lamb/ beef 1 kg
- Desi ghee or clarified butter 1 cup
- Onion 2 large
- Garlic paste 2 tablespoon
- Ginger 2 tablespoon
- Green chilies 4
- Tomato 2 large
- Yogurt 1 cup/ 250 grams
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 4 tablespoon
- Clean the meet and trotters with water and salt and dry completely.
- Add sliced onion into oil and fry until golden brown.
- Now add garlic and ginger paste into onion and fry little.
- Add meet and trotters into pot and fry for 15 minutes with onion garlic ginger.
- Now add 8 glasses of water with tomatoes, yogurt and all spices .
- Let it cooked overnight or for 8 hours on slow heat.
- After that you can see the meet is mixed into gravy and bone marrow separated from the trotters.
- Add lemon juice in the end.
- Serve the yummiest dish having fresh coriander and sliced green chilies on the top with nan or chapati.
- While having this rich punjabi style breakfast, chatti k lassi (Punjabi drink having yogurt ans salt into it ) is necessary