Pakistan – Traditional Desserts Shakar Parry
by Dahiza Umar
What is shakar parry?
It is a sweet and crunchy snack that us very famous in Pakistan. It is made up of plain flour and flavoured it with aromatic sweet syrup and knead a dough than roll, cut and fry. You can also made a sweet balls and coloured it orange, which is traditional technique of making shakar parry
Sugar is known as SHAKKAR in urdu so it is named as shakkar parry, a sweet snack
We also make namak parry which is salty snack we knead dough with salt and some traditional seasoning and fry them.
In punjab shakkar parry are made by jaggery which is organic version of traditional snack
Origin of shakar parry
It is an Indian subcontinent dish that is now famous through out Pakistan.
Shakkar parry in PAKISTAN
This is very delicate and sweet snack that is served with tea or you can also served it after a beautiful lunch or dinner.
It can be of any shape either round balls, squares or diamond shaped
- Plain flour: 1/2 kilogram
- Sugar : 1/2 kilogram
- Ghee/ butter : 200 grams
- Orange color : 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
- Green cardamom : 1/2 tsp
- Kewra essence : 1/2 tsp
- Melt ghee/ butter in a pan and add 100 gm water.
- Add 1 pinch cardamom powder to the mix.
- Then add white flour and knead a dough from it .
- Make small balls from batter or you can roll dough with rolling pin and Cut them in diamond shape and fry them.
- Then make sugar syrup by adding sugar into 1 litre of water.
- In sugar syrup add kewra essence and cardamom powder.
- Now soak the fried balls into warm syrup.
- After 15 to 20 minutes serve it
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!