by Usama Tariq
Gajrela is the name which is describes from Gajar (carrots) Gajrela is one of the sweet dish which is similar to the Gajar Ka Halwa. It is a special sweet dessert of winter season, when winter is coming you can find a juicy carrots from vegetable markets, brought it and choose a ruddy carrots from vendors. It is the only gifted dessert that I am eat it every winter season. You also can try this epic sweet dessert at your own home and taste it with your family members or guests. Main ingredients of this dessert are carrots and milk. I hope you will enjoy it after try this recipe. Recipe describes in a very simple way.
- Milk (Fresh & boiled) – 1 & ½ liters
- Rice (Soaked) – ¼ Cup
- Carrots (Grated) 300 grams
- Cardamom powder ½ tsp
- Sugar ½ cup
- Pistachio chopped – 2-3 tsp
- Almonds (Blanched & chopped) – 2-3 tsp
- First we should clean, flush and grind the carrots.
- Bring a big size pan, heat milk, add rice (smashed) and carrots, blend well.
- Include cardamom powder, cook on low level flame about 15 – 20 minutes and keep mixing it.
- Let’s add sugar, mix it well after adding until sugar is dissolved.
- Cooking it until when the milk seems like a low quantity and
- Then add almonds grinded and pistachio and keep mixing up well.
- After about 30 – 40 minutes your sweet Gajrela is ready to eat or serve.
- Serve it hot or cold it is your choice but my opinion is serve cold it is very tasty and sweetie when it is cold.
- Calories: 386 cal
- Protein: 5.6 g or 10%
- Fiber: 3.9 g or 16%
Total Time Required
- Cooking Time: It may take about 5 – 6 hours for preparing/cooking
- Serving: 4 – 5 Persons