Pakistan – Spaghetti
By Muhammad Shazil
Spaghetti is an Italian pasta dish invented in Naples in the mid-20th century. Its ingredients typically include tomatoes, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic, in addition to pasta.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 5 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 120 g pitted black olives
- 2 tbsp capers drained
- 300 g dried spaghetti
- ½ small bunch of parsley finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium-low heat. Add the onion along with a generous pinch of salt and fry for 10 mins, or until soft. Add the garlic and chili, if using, and cook for a further minute.
- Stir the tomatoes, anchovies, olives and capers into the onion, bring to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered, for 15 mins. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the spaghetti following pack instructions, then drain and toss with the sauce and parsley.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!