Pakistan – Shami Kebab
by Muhammad Ibrahim
Shami kebab one of the most famous dishes in Pakistan it is may be served with roti along with ketchup, hot sauce, chili garlic sauce, or raita and when it comes to starters, Chicken Shami Kebab is one of the best snacks to be served.
Chicken shami kebabs are easy to made and delicious to eat. In Pakistan almost every child love to eat this with slice as breakfast and it is very common in Pakistan because as we know Pakistan is an Islamic state and every halal meat dish is very popular and has strong connection with Pakistanis.
Split chickpeas and boneless chicken are the main ingredients and it is very beneficial for health too. Shami are also prepared with beef or mutton it depends on your taste which meat you want to use but in this recipe I am going to share the recipe of chicken shami kebabs.
- 1 Cup of Split chickpeas
- Chicken boneless ½ kg
- 2 tsp. Oil
- 1 tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 7-8 Cloves
- 7-8 Black Pepper
- 2 piece Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. whole Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp. Trachyspermum ammi
- 3 whole Red Chili
- Chili flakes ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup of Water
- Ginger 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- 2 Green Chili chopped
- 2 teaspoon Garlic, finely chopped
- ½ Cup Coriander Leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves chopped
- 2 Eggs
Method to prepare shami kebabs
- Firstly soak 1 cup of Split chickpea sin water for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Then in a pressure cooker heat oil and add cumin seeds, salt, cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, coriander seeds, Trachyspermum ammi red chili flakes and whole chili. Fry and mix them well.
- Now add the Split chickpea sin in it and mix it properly.
- Then add the chicken mince and some water in it.
- Cook until all the water dries and chicken becomes tendered.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Then grind all the ingredients to make a thick paste.
- In the grind paste add chopped green chilies, garlic, ginger, coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Mix all of them properly.
- Now add the eggs liquid and grind it again.
- After that put small quantity of this paste and make round shape kebabs
- In a saucepan heat some oil and fry the shami kebabs in it.
- Fry them till it become golden brown.
- Your shami kebabs are ready serve them with chapti and raita.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!