By Muhammad Reshaeel
It is a sweet dish in Pakistan. Semolina is a tradition food in Pakistan which is eaten by many people all across the Asian countries. Many people it this in breakfast and some in lunch. It smells good and tastes deliciously. In 14th-century in Spain, semolina was cooked with almond milk, oil and optionally saffron for coloring. Currently the dish semolina is a traditional sweet in Bangladesh called Suji Halwa. In Medieval Arab cuisine, semolina was cooked with water, honey, camphor, saffron, and sesame oil. There are several ways of cooking this dish mine is discussed below.
- 1/2 half cup semolina
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
- 2-3 green cardamom
- 1 tbs almonds
- 1 tbs pistachio
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
Steps to make Halva
- First of all put butter in pot and put it on stove on high flame
- put green cardamom in it and fry it for 20 seconds
- after 20 second add semolina in it and fry it for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
- after 4 minutes it will give beautiful smell
- and after 8 minutes it color changes
- After 8 minutes pour some water in it.
- Then add sugar in it and mix it well on medium flame for 2-3 minutes
- After 2-3 minutes add almonds and pistachio in it
- Mix it on low flame.
- Then cover it for 3-4 minutes.
- So after 4 minutes your halva is ready
- Garnish it with almonds and pistachio and serve it to others