Pakistan – Mutton Rosh
by Dahiza Umar
”Lovable memories and delicious food stay always in our minds”
This dish is the heart of Balochi Cuisine in Pakistan. The meat dish is always loved by every people of Pakistan, whereas consumption of meat is very highly recommended on the festivals like especially on EID, Eid ul Azha, where animals like goat, lamb, cow are scarifies in the morning with the prayer and many of the meat dishes are made and ROSH is among of them. The tenderness of the meat that gives melt in the mouth texture to the eater, because it is cooked on the slow heat to get the juiciness , flavors of spices into meat , this dish is all-time lovable by everyone. The use of minimal ingredients like salt, pepper, garlic and ginger than a lots of water is added with meat and let it cook on the very slow heat so that the stew from the bones comes out of the meat and mixed into the broth of the spices and meat with it.
This dish is actually the aromatic and flavorful stew with a piece of meat in it, it is eaten with either roti or nan and can be consume as it is by drinking the soupy textured stew and eating the meat with a sip of stew with it.
Balochistan is the province of Pakistan, and the taste of this province is very traditional and inspired by ancestors. The famous dish of balochi cuisine is Sajji but this dish has also very popular in the balochi cuisine, eaten all over the world. Balochi food has real authentic flavors and taste like the dish of old traditions.
This dish is originated from the old ages when the King like Mughals rule over the Indian subcontinent, many of the dishes of Pakistani cuisine are originated form the Mughlas, they are Muslims and give their followers a value of favors and amazing palatable dishes and this dish is among of them.
- 1 kg lamb ( cut into large pieces )
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 tbsp green chilies paste
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 8 glass water
METHOD OF COOKING
- Take a large cooking pot, add oil into it and saute garlic and ginger paste into it and sauted it until the fragrance starts appearing into the atmosphere.
- Now add green chili paste with the meats piece and fry for 10 minutes so that the color o the meat changes to brown.
- Add 8 glass of water and add all the dry spices and give it a boil.
- Put this pot on the slow heat so that meat shimmer in the stew of spices on heat to capture the juiciness and tenderness of the meat
- After 2 hours see the 8 glasses reduce to the 4 glass and thick stew of aromas and spices are ready with the soft and tendered meat is ready.
CUISINE : BALOCHI, PAKISTANI
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
PREPARATION TIME : 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME : 2 HOURS
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!