by Dahiza Umar
This dish is so famous and unique in the way that brain is cooked in the traditional way with spices and when cooked it just makes the taste so good and yummy.
Brain is known as ”MAGAZ” or ”BHEJA” in urdu language so this dish is also known as BHEJA FRY 和 MAGAZ MASALA. This dish is common around the Eid days when animals are sacrifies this dish is made by lamb brain or cow’s brain. When the dish is made called as ”tak a tak” in which all the lamb organs are included brain is also added to make it more delicious and palatable.
The plate of perfection is the spicy brain masala with tandoori roti is like the dream of flavors and aroma. Brain masala is served in the scrambled form like beaten egg but it taste more like a heaven.
It is not wrong to said that:
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!
BRAIN MASALA IN PAKISTAN
Brain masala is the dish common in the area of punjab. It is served through out the desi restaurants and street side stalls, mini dhabbas and can be made in the kitchen easily to enjoy the feats with your family and friends. This dish is full of flavors and aroma with the simple few ingredients that is mouth watering dish to relish.
A large flat plate is usually used to make this dish like seen in the picture:
This dish is common in the Punjab region of Pakistan, when brain is cooked in the butter with alot of traditional spices. Special ingredients are added with simple technique to make this dish more tastier.
- 1 lamb brain
- 2 large onions
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp crushed chilies
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 6 tbsp oil / butter
- 4 tbsp green coriander
- Take brain and add it in the bowl of water with 1 tbsp vinegar so that the smell of the brain goes out
- Now after sometime boil the brain for 10 minutes, than cut the brain and remove the veins from the brain
- Now take the onion and oil in the cooking pot and fry until the onions become translucent than add garlic ginger paste with tomatoes and saute it for 10 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices with 1 glass of water and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- After that fry the mixture in the oil and add brain into it
- Let it cook on slow heat for 10 minutes so the mixture mixed with the brain and garnished it with green coriander and ginger slices.
PREPARATION TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME : 20 MINUTES
CUISINE : PUNJABI, PAKISTAN
COURSE : MAIN COURSE