Pakistan – Keemy Wale Naan (Mince Stuffed Chapati)
by Dahiza Umar
INTRODUCTION TO THE DISH
This is a kind of wholesome meal in which all the nutrients required to the body are included. This is a special kind of bread sort of thing in which beef or mutton mince is spiced up with different things and stuffed. The mince of any meat can be used like chicken, beef or mutton even seafood. But traditionally, Beef is used to mix the spices with some vegetables and stuffed them into flat bread or Naan.
COMPONENTS OF THE DISH
There are two main components of the dish :
Naan is actually a flat bread made up of plain flour. It is common in Pakistan to cook in a large Clay oven in the market. But it can be baked at home in your normal baking oven. The simple naan is also served in many bakeries without any stuffing.
There are huge variety of naan served and sold in Pakistan like the following. Some are simple Naan and other are stuffed with meat, vegetables, some spices and many more to come up with.
- Sada Naan
- Butter naan
- Cheese naan
- Chocolate naan
- Garlic naan
- Aloo wala naan ( potato stuffed naan )
- Keeme wala naan ( Mince stuffed naan )
- Roghani Naan ( specially cooked in clay oven )
- Pizza stuffed naan
- Chicken Naan etc
Stuffing in the Naan can be of your choice. You can make it either with Meat or from Vegetables and even lentils. The naan can be served by stuffing the things into it. The outer surface of naan can be topped with butter and oil to make it moist. The best part of Naan is obviously, stuffing/ filling.
Following are the main stuffing served here in Pakistan :
- Aloo ( potato stuffing )
- Keema ( mince stuffing )
- Chicken stuffing
- Lentils stuffing
- Chesse stuffing
- Mix vegetables stuffing etc
COOKING METHOD OF MAKING NAAN
Naan is a kind that can be served with anything you made like curry, Dry sauce vegetables, Gravy, and any sauteed vegetables, lentils, etc. But this stuffed nan is eaten like as it whole. It can be cooked on a special oven made up of clay known as ”TANDOOR”. Where a large burner is on and this naan is cooked on the walls of the clay oven/ tandoor.
On the old ages, Tandoor is made in every house and ladies used to cooked the usual breads on it. But nowadays Every thing is changed, we have tandoors on the bakeries. Where they serve the food when freshly prepared Naan.
TOPPING OF THE NAAN
The very important thing while making naan is to butter it from the top. Butter or special Ghee/ oil is used to make it softer from the outside and even more palatable. Butter is a thing that makes anything more delicious and just amazing to taste.
- Some of the Naan can be topped with roasted garlic that makes ”GARLIC NAAN”
- Others are covered with cilantro to make any naan more delicious.
- Butter is topping of any Naan make it ”BUTTER NAAN”
- Some topped the naan with KALONJI, Black fennel seeds
SIDE COMPLEMENTARY THINGS TO SERVED WITH
There are many other things which is served with stuffed naan like :
- Mint sauce
- Channy ka salan ( chickpea gravy )
- Butter etc
- Preparation time : 20 minutes
- Cooking time : 30 minutes
- Total time : 40 minutes
- Calories : 120kcal
- Carbohydrates : 19 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Protein : 4 grams
FOR NAAN ( dough )
- Plain flour : 2 cups
- Oil : 4 tbsp
- salt : 2 tbsp
- water : to knead
- Mince beef : 1/2 kilogram
- Salt : 1 tbsp
- pepper : 1 tbsp
- Onion chopped : 1 small
- tomato: 1 small
- Oil : 1/2 cup
- cumin powder : 2 tbsp
- Coriander powder : 1 tbsp
- coriander leaves : 2 tbsp
- green chilies : 3
- garlic paste : 3 tbsp
- yogurt : 1/2 cup
- ginger paste : 4 tbsp
To prepare a dough, add all things together and knead it with warm water. Let it set until stuffing is prepared.
- Take oil in the cooking pan, add chopped onions, garlic ginger paste and fry until they get soft.
- Now add mince with tomatoes and all dry spices.
- Add water into it of about 1 glass and cook until tender completely.
- Now add yogurt, when water is dried.
- Mix it for 10 minutes and let it cool.
MAKING NAAN/ STUFFING OF NAAN
- Now it time to take dough and make 10 small sized balls out if it.
- Now roll the balls into flat bread to make a wider area.
- Place a small amount of mince mixture at the centre of the flatened bread.
- Secure it with all the sides and make a stuffed round ball again.
- Now flatened it again.
- Cooked on the tandoor or bake it
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!