by Muhammad Reshaeel
Karahi is one of the local cuisine of Pakistan and other Asian countries. This is a desi dish as many dhabas and restaurants offer this dish because of its popularity. This dish is very popular among people due to its taste and smell. Many people cook this dish at home when their is a function in their home. This dish has one important components which is Chicken. Only Chicken can make this dish tasty. Karahi can also be made with mutton but most people use chicken for this dish. If you have less time to make any dish then this dish can be very helpul for you. You can make it easily and in short time. I suggest you all to make this dish at home. I’m sure you’ll like its taste and smell.
Taste In Pakistan
Karahi is very popular in Pakistan and many restaurants offer this dish. Every restaurant has its own taste but the most popular in Pakistan is Butt Karahi. Butt Karahi has a very good taste and mostly people like to eat Karahi from this restaurant. I’ve given the steps below to make this Karahi just like Butt karahi.
This dish is tasty as well as healthy because of the chicken in it. Chicken is very benificial for health as it strengthen bones, reduces appetite and builds and maintain muscles. It contains:
- Calories: 128
- Fat: 2.7g
- No Fiber
- No Sugars
- Protein: 26g
- Sodium: 44mg
- No Carbohydrates
- Cumin seeds roasted 1 tbs
- Salt 1 & ½ tsp or to taste
- ½ tbs Black pepper powder
- 1 & ½ tbs roasted Coriander seeds
- 3 medium onion sliced
- 4-5 medium Tomatoes cubes
- 1 kg Chicken
- ½ tbs Red chili crushed
- 3-4 Green chilies slit
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Ginger julienne
- 1 tbs Ginger crushed
- 1 & ½ tbs crushed Garlic
- Water 4 Cups
- ½ Cup Yogurt whisked
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil
- Desi ghee 1 tbs (optional)
Steps to Make
- First of all, take a mortal and add 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds, 1 & ½ tbs roasted Coriander seeds in it and crush it and set it aside.
- Now take a pressure cooker and add 3 medium pyaz, 4-5 medium tomatoes, 1 kg chicken, 1tsp crushed ginger, 1 & ½ tbs crushed Garlic, Salt 1 & ½ tsp or to taste, ½ tbs Black pepper powder, ½ tbs Coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds, 4 cups of water in it and bring it to boil.
- Now cover the pressure cooker and cook it for 15 minutes.
- Now take a wok and add the above mixture into it and cook it on high flame for 5 minutes until the water reduces.
- Now add 1/2 cup of yogurt in the wok.
- After that add 1/4 cup of cooking oil, remaining cumin and coriander seeds, 1/2 tsp red chili in it, and cook it on high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- After adding the above ingredients now add 3-4 green chili slits and chopped fresh coriander and ginger on the top of karahi for garnishing.
- Your delicious Krahi is ready to eat.
This dish can be prepared only in 40 – 50 minutes. If you want to make it faster then you can make it on high flame.
This dish made for 5-6 people. So you can serve this dish to 5-6 people. You can serve this dish with chapatis.