Pakistan, India – Sheer Khurma (Dessert)
by Robina Shaheen
ABOUT THE DISH
This is a sweet dish/ dessert very famous in Pakistan. This dish is made on special occasions like Eid, shabrat and famous Islamic festivals where we have to celebrate the delight of joy by sweet dishes and sheer khurma is one of them. This dish is made from the milk when cooked with the vermicelli, sugar, some nuts, milk solids and cream. This dish is all about the joy, happiness and festive. This dish is known as the dish of festivals.
”LIFE IS TOO SHORT, NEVER SHARE DESSERT”
COMPONENT OF THE DESSERT
This dish is served either hot or cold so can have it winters and summers according to personal preferences. There are many components of the dish to complement the taste of the dessert like:
- Muraba ( fruits jam )
- rose dried petals etc
INGREDIENTS OF THE DESSERT
There are the following ingredients of the dish given below:
- Milk 500 ml
- Vermicelli 1 cup
- sugar 1 cup
- cream 1/2 cup
- milk solids 1/2 cup
- butter 2 tbsp
- almonds 3 tbsp
- pistachio 3 tbsp
- coconut 4 tbsp
- dried grapes / raisins 4 tbsp
METHOD TO MAKE THIS DISH
- Take the cooking pot and add milk into it to bring boil than add milk solids and cream with sugar into it
- Take butter into other pot and fry the vermicelli with it.
- Now if the milk get thick enough add it into the vermicelli mixture and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Now see if the mixture get thick enough garnish it with dried fruits
This dish required about 30 minutes to complete and then keep it in refrigerator if you want some cold dessert for up to 2 hours to 4 hours
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!