Pakistan, India – Rice Pudding Kheer
by Muhammad Usama
Kheer is a sweet dessert and mainly refers to Indian Cuisine. This sweet dessert has 2 main components or ingredients which are Rice (Soaked) and Milk. These 2 two components combined to make a really delightful and tasty sweet dessert. This dessert is available at many local restaurants as a sweet dish. This dish also has many verities. One of them is Firni Kheer which is made with Khoa and Milk. Any milk shop or dairy shop has this type of dessert. This dish has not much fragrance but its taste is delightful. The nutritional value of this dish is heavier than other sweet desserts or dishes because of adding natural milk in it. This sweet dessert is my favorite too. In Pakistan, people are avail rice kheer from milk shop, but there are many people around Pakistan are making this dessert at their own home. Many people made this dessert at their wedding functions, parties, gathering, etc. you can also make this sweet dessert at your own home in a very easy way by following cooking steps.
Origin and history
When we talk about the origin of Rice Kheer, it is originated from the Indian Subcontinent. This dessert is an ancient cuisine of India, but it is also famous in Pakistan. This ancient cuisine comes from South India. There is the same taste no doubt in any city or country. The mixture of rice and milk are the best combination for making this type of dish. Kheer may be an international dessert and therefore, it is an ancients dish so, it is famous and popular all across the world with the passage of time. Most Asian people make this dish at their own home once a week or twice a month. It’s depending on their choice.
Serving is also the most important part of Cuisine. Serve this sweet dessert after the meal like dinner, lunch, etc. because always sweet dessert will eat in the last, which means after the dinner or lunch. It’s your choice to serve this dish alone it’s up to you.
- (Basmati rice) ¼ Cup (Soaked for 1 hour)
- (Milk) 1 liter
- (Sugar) ½ Cup
- (Cardamom powder) ¼ tsp (Almonds) Blanched & chopped 2 tbs
- Khoa 50 grams
- Kewra water ½ tsp
How to Cook Kheer
- For making the best and tasty kheer, first, take a blender.
- Add soaked basmati rice and blend it well and crushed the rice
- Set it aside.
- Now take a pot add 1 put it on the stove at the medium-low flame.
- Add 1-liter milk into the pot and leave it until it’s boiling.
- Now add crushed rice into the boiled milk and continue cooking for approximately 10 to 12 minutes at the medium-low flame.
- For better results stir it during cooking.
- Now add half a cup of sugar In it and mix it really well.
- Then add cardamom powder in it and mix it well.
- Continue the process of cooking at medium flame for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the kheer mixture during cooking.
- Let’s add blanched and chopped almonds, khoa (made with a mixture of sour milk) into the ppt.
- Now mix it well and add kewra water to it.
- For garnishing put some garnished almonds, chopped pistachio and any dry fruits do you want to add to it for garnishing.
- Serve it to your family and your loved ones.
- Enjoy the dessert.
- Calories: 120 kcal
- Proteins: 2.5g
- Fats: 5.5g
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: Half an hour required
- Serving: 2 to 3 Persons
- Origin: Indian Subcontinent
- Cuisine: Pakistan, Indian (Mughlai)
- Taste: salty and spicy
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!