by Muhammad Shazil
Jalebi is a traditional sweet dish which is commonly eaten by many people around the whole world specially in Asian countries. This dish is liked by many people all over the world because of its good sweet taste. It is rich in sugar. It’s main component is sheera (sugar syrup) which completes this dish. It has been a favorite sweet dish among children because of its sweet and good taste. There are many sweet dishes in Pakistan such as ghulab jamun and Barfi, Jalebis also fall in this category. I suggest you to make it at home. I hope everyone around you like this dish.
Sweet in Taste
Jalebis are sweet in taste which is commonly eaten on functions where everyone celebrates their function by eating sweet dishes. Jalebis has become a local cuisine of Pakistan and everyone like it because of its sweet taste
Origin, History and traditional explanation of this dish
Before talking about the origin, history and traditional point of view of this dish first of all I would like to tell you that the origin and history are very important and main aspects of every dish. And it helps many people who are reading this recipe articles to know about the history and origin of the dish.
So jalebis are originated from India and also from Pakistan. This dish has a great significance in past and also in present. It was originated in 15th century and it was known as Kundalika in India at that time. I would also like to tell you that Jalebi is derived from Arabic word which is zulabiya.
It is a traditional as well as sweet tasty dish in India and Pakistan and other Asian countries. It is available in every sweet shop, bakery and also in the corners of the streets where people like to sale this dish as it is very popular among people.
Ingredients for making Sugar syrup
- 2-3 Green cardamom
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Water
- 2 cup Sugar
Ingredients for making Jalebi
- ½ tsp Instant yeast
- 1 cup Flour
- 2-3 tsp Water lukewarm
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Gram flour
- Water as required
- Orange Food color 1 tsp or as required
- 1 tsp Ghee melted
- Desi ghee for frying
Directions to make
Directions for making sugar syrup
- First of all, take a pot or a frying pan and add 1 cup of water, 2 cups sugar and 2-3 green cardamom in it and then mix it well and cook it until the syrup becomes thick.
- Now in the end add lemon juice in it and mix it well and set aside.
Directions for making Jalebi
- First of for making Jalebi take a 2-3 tsp lukewarm water add 1 tsp Sugar, 1/2 tsp instant yeast in it and mix it well for 10-15 minutes.
- Now take a bowl and add 1 cup flour, 1 tsp orange food color,1 tsp ghee melted, 1 tsp gram flour, yeast mixture, water as required and mix it well for some time. Set it aside for 10 minutes.
- After that consume that batter immediately within 10-15 minutes, and pour it in some bottle with the help of something.
- Now take a frying pan and add desi ghee in it and heat it and squeeze the bottle and shape it like a centric ring with the help of the batter.
- After frying one side of, now turn it on the other side and fry it from this side too.
- After frying from both sides take it out from frying pan and put it in the sugar syrup (which should be slightly warm).
- After dipping both sides in the syrup, take it out from it and put it in a plate.
- Your delicious jalebi is ready to eat, now you can serve it and enjoy it.
For preparing this dish, you just need 30-40 minutes. This is a delicious as well as sweet dish and You can easily prepare it as it is not so difficult to make.
For serving jalebis you just need 5 minutes for it, and you can serve it to 3-4 people. But if you want to serve it to more that 4 people, you just need to make more jalebis.
Taste: Sweet in taste
Servings: 5-6 People
Cooking level: Moderate