Pakistan, India – BBQ Spicy Grilled Fish
by Syed Muhammad Zain
When we talk about grilled fish. This is the most famous dish in India, but now in Pakistan fish is the most famous. Different people in Pakistan are like fish in every season. But grilled fish is the seasonal dish most probably found in the winter season. This dish is also a nutritional dish and rich in healthy diets. This dish is made by the paste of spice that is the mixture of green chili and other spices and takes it for grill on the burner of charcoal. This dish is especially for food lovers in Pakistan and the Indian subcontinent. you can easily make it your own home by following these steps that we are mentioned.
Taste in Pakistan:
When we talk about the importance of grilled fish many peoples in Pakistan are really like it because it is a very nutritional dish. Grilled fish has founded in local areas of Pakistan and different or restaurants make it with their style and spice. Some restaurant stalls of fish make very spicy but some are making it moderate with their local demand of the customer. In Pakistan, people are eat grilled fish daily with their family and friends and at other gatherings, especially in the winter season.
History of grilled fish
When we talk about the history of fish. This is the most popular dish in the Indian subcontinent. But the passage of time fish is the most famous dish in Pakistan because of its taste and aroma. Every person in Pakistan likes to eat fish. It is famous for the passage of time all across the Indian subcontinent.
When we are searching about the origin and the roots of this dish, it is originated from the Indian subcontinent. From the start of this dish peoples of Hyderabad and Lahore are making this dish in their different methods.
Types of fish in Pakistan
when we talk about types of fish in Pakistan. there are different of people that are like different of taste.
- grilled BBQ fish
- fried fish
- fish with curry
You can served with green chili, boiled rice, sourdough, Nan, etc.
You can also served with tamarind chutney that are very famous in Pakistan and makes it very tasty and delicious.
- Calories: 360 kcal
- Proteins: 15g
- Fats: 10g
- Preparation Time:25 minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour required
- Serving: 5 to 6 Persons
- Origin: Indian Subcontinent
- Cuisine: Pakistan, Indian (Mughlai)
- Taste: spicy, Normal spicy, and Soucy
- Rahu fish 1 & ½ kg
- Water as required
- (Vinegar) 3 tbs
- (Salt) 1 tbs
- (Yogurt) ¼ Cup
- (Garlic) 10-12 cloves
- (Ginger) 1-inch piece
- (Mint leaves) 1-2 tbs
- (Fresh coriander) 1-2 tbs
- (Green chilies) 3-4
- (Red chili powder) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Salt) ½ tsp or to taste
- (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
- (Red chili) crushed ½ tbs
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Chicken tikka masala 1 & ½ tbs
- (Cumin seeds) 1 tbs
- (Coriander seeds) crushed 1 & ½ tbs
- (Tamarind pulp) 2 tbs
- Cooking oil 1 tbs
- (Gram flour)
- Take a Rahu fish about 1 & ½ kg.
- Then place deep cuts of fish on both sides.
- Set aside the fish for later use.
- Then take a bowl add water, vinegar, and salt then mix it well.
- Add fish to a bowl and let it soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a blender jug then add yogurt, garlic, ginger, mint leaves, fresh coriander leaves, and green chili then cover it and blend it well until thy looks chutney.
- Take a bowl add chutney off green chili then add red chili, salt, turmeric powder, crushed red chili, garam masala powder, chicken tikka masala, cumin seeds, crushed coriander seeds, tamarind pulp, and cooking oil then whisk well.
- Then come out the fish from vinegar solution and let it dry from tissue pat.
- Then take a tray add fish and then sprinkle gram flour on both sides of the fish.
- Then add the spice that we are ready before for marinating of fish.
- After marinate fish cover it with cling film then marinate for 4-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take a grill for fish BBQ then grease the grill with oil.
- Now taking off the fish in grill and then it to be closed for.
- Grill marinated fish on burning charcoal and grill pan for 20-25 minutes.
- Turn their sides between this time (as required).
- Induration of burning and cooking continue basting with oil.
- Your BBQ spicy grilled fish is ready to serve.
- Served BBQ spicy grilled fish with green chili paste or lemon juice and different types of salad.
- You can also be served with tamarind pulp.
- Your traditional BBQ spicy grilled fish is ready to serve.
- Serve it to your family and friends.
- “Taste makes your life “
Hi! Your Article about Food is very interesting for me. After reading your article my appetite is increase. I really like food. My name is Michelle Howard I’m also researching on the food. Thank you sharing information.