by Usama Tariq
it’s time to present you to a few consolation nourishment aka beef yaknhi pulao Beef Yakhni Pulao formula may be an extraordinary Pakistani rice pilaf that’s made with hamburger, stock, and rice with garam masala. It is consolation nourishment at best, and is scrumptious served with a side of raita and kachumber serving of mixed greens.
This can be a delightful rice pilaf in which the rice and meat is essentially cooked in a spice aromatic yakhni (stock). I cruel, what may well be more comforting and tastier than that?
Origin of this dish
From the small bit of investigate I’ve done whereas composing this post, it appears that this tasty formula has a place to the locale of Kashmir.
- For Bouquet Garni (Potli):
- (Cloves) 9-10
- (Cinnamon stick) 1
- (Black cardamom) 1
- (Black pepper corns) ½ tsp
- (Fennel seeds) ½ tsp
- (Coriander seeds) ½ tbs
- (Cumin seeds) ½ tbs
- (Bay leaves) 2
- For Yakhni (Stock):
- Beef mix boti ½ Kg
- (Water) 1.5 liters
- (Ginger garlic paste) 1 & ½ tsp
- (Onion) sliced 1 medium
- (Salt) ½ tbs or to taste
- -Oil ¼ Cup
- (Onion) sliced 1 medium
- (Ginger garlic paste) 1 tbs
- Powder (Turmeric powder) ½ tsp
- (Coriander seeds) roasted & crushed ½ tsp
- (Cumin seeds) roasted & crushed ½ tsp
- (Red chili) crushed 1 tsp or to taste
- (Black pepper) crushed ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Yogurt) whisk ½ Cup
- (Green chilies) 2
- (Mint leaves) chopped ½ Cup (Optional)
- (Stock) 3 Cups
- (Rice) ½ kg (soaked for 30 minutes)
For Bouquet Garni (Potli)
- In muslin cloth, add cloves, cinnamon sticks, black cardamom, black pepper corns, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, bay clears out and twist it to create a bouquet garni (potli).
For Yakhni (Stock)
- Then take a cooker and include beef blend boti, water, ginger garlic paste, onion, salt, bouquet garni (potli) and bring it to boil, cover and cook until meat is done (approx.15-20 minutes).
- Remove bouquet garni and dispose of it.
- Remove meat, set aside and cook beaf stock until it decreases to approx. 3 Cups.
- In pot, add oil and onion, fry until brilliant brown.
- Add ginger garlic glue and blend well.
- Add cooked meat, turmeric powder, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chili crushed, black pepper pulverized, garam masala powder, salt and blend well.
- Add yogurt, mix well and cook on tall fire until water is decreased and oil separates.
- Add green chilies, mint takes off and blend well.
- Add meat stock and mix, add rice and blend well.
- Cook on tall fire until water is diminishing to ½ cup, cover and steam cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Your delicious rice is ready to eat.
- Calories: 443 k cal
- Fat: 16 g
- Protein: 24 g
- Preparation Time: 1 ½ hours – 2 hours
- Serving: 5 Persons