Pakistan, India, Bangladesh – Matka Gosht (Kunna Gosht)
by Anaa Rajpoot
Kunna gosht is the magical dish of Pakistan. Its specialty is that it is made in a clay pot which modifies its taste. It is famous due to its clay pot serving. This is dish is almost famous all around Pakistan but this is the special dish of Chiniot, which is the special area of Pakistan, a tourist place. Its variation of masalas increases its delicacy. We can also say it “ Matka gosht”. it has a unique taste and aroma.
When we cook this in a clay pot, it gives you a very different earthy scent which is delicious from all the dishes. It must be cooked on a very low flame and actually, the time is taken dish. You have to put this on a low flame and leave it for a few hours. It may take 5 to 6 hours. We have to seal it in a clay pot so that the steam of it makes it delicious. The essence of different spices is unforgettable. Kunna is a curry-based dish. This dish is mostly famous in winter.
This dish is originated from the chiniot of faislabad which is the small area of pakistan.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 to 6 hours
- Total time: almost 6 hours
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 20g
- Meat: 1 kg
- Oil: 1 cup
- Turmeric: 1 tbs
- Coriander powder: 1 tbs
- Yellow color: half tbs
- Black pepper: half tbs
- Ginger paste: 1 tbs
- Garlic: 1 tbs
- Onions: 2
- Tomato: 1
- Red chilli powder: 1 tbs
- White cumin seeds: 1 tbs
- Black cumin seeds: 1 tbs
- Cinnamon stick: 1
- Cardamom: 3
- Soya bean oil: 5 tbs
- Curry powder: 1 tbs
- Milk: 1 cup
- Cream: 2 tbs
- White wheat flour: 2 tbs
- Take a clay pot and add oil to it and add chopped onions and tomatoes in it and fry it on a medium flame.
- When onions become light brown then add garlic and ginger paste to it.
- Now add turmeric, red chili powder.
- In all the things, add meat and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Now on the other hand boil the 5 cups of water and put this in a clay pot and leave it for 5 hours more.
- You must keep it in your mind that you move the scoop in this after 15 to 20 minutes, again and again.
- The rest of the spices must be ground into the fine paste or powder.
- Mix the flour and milk into the curry and leave it for more.
- Now garnish in the pot with the garlic slices and green chilies on the top.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!