by Ayesha Umar
Jalferezi is one of the famous dish of Peshawar, Pakistan. This dish has its own different taste full of spices, its aroma is out of the world. You can’t imagine its taste, its unique aroma and taste has its specialty. We call this as a middle class food but trust me its above the high class’s taste. Chicken jalferezi is made in the curry which is full of spices and in cold meat. Its nutrition level is so high so that you can eat this healthy taste. This dish is made in a butter curry with meat or vegetables.
Tradition in Pakistan
Jalferezi dish is the traditional dish of Pakistan which is made by the marinated chicken and vegetables if you are vegetarian otherwise chicken is the best ingredient for this dish and fry them in to the oil and served with the curry sauce. This dish is the Pakistani cuisine which is most famous in events like Eid, wedding ceremony or something like this special days.
Origin of the dish
This dish is originated from Peshawar, Pakistan. Peshawar made this dish in a very special method that you can’t deny to eat this dish.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 50 minutes
- Chicken 1 kg
- Onion 2
- Tomato 1
- Turmeric 1 tbs
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Coriander 1 tbs
- Cumin seeds half tbs
- Salt 1 1/2 tbs
- Green chilies
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
Method of cooking
- You have to take boneless chicken and cut them into small pieces.
- Now chopped the onions and tomatoes.
- Make a paste of ginger and garlic as well.
- Take a sauce pan and add oil in it over a medium heat.
- Add onion in it and fry them until its color become brown.
- In the same oil, fry the small pieces of chicken and add all spices in it,( turmeric, cumin seeds, coriander, salt, red chili powder).
- Now add tomatoes and fry them more.
- Now add fried onions in it and yogurt, leave it for 10 minutes and your dish is ready.
- Carbohydrates: 62%
- Fats: 26%
- Protein: 16%