by Robina Shaheen
Qabili palao is one of the most famous dishes in Pakistan. It is prepared with the meat and rice full of spices. The meaning of this dish is actually divided into words, it originated from the word “ QABIL” in Urdu which has the meaning of surefooted. This dish is not easy to make, you have to be a professional chef to make this kind of palao. Its spices and all the ingredients must be in an accurate quantity or quality. This dish depends on the spices, vegetables, dry fruits, meat ( chicken, mutton, beef, lamb ), and steamed rice.
This dish is originated from the higher society of Afghanistan, those who can afford all the ingredients used in this.
- Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
- Oil half cup
- Ginger paste 1 tbs
- Garlic paste 1 tbs
- Onion 2
- Green chilli
- Red chilli powder 1 tbs
- Cumin seeds powder half tbs
- Coriander 1 tbs
- Cardamon 1 tbs
- Meat stock
- Garam masala
- Rice 4 cups
- Turmeric 1 tbs
- Sugar 2 tbs
- Butter half cup
- Saffron few
- For making the stock of meat, take a saucepan or a pan.
- Add water over the high flame.
- When it begins to boil, add onion and ginger, garlic paste in it.
- Now add all the spices to it and leave it to tender.
- When you see, all the stuff is grounded in it and meat stock is ready then separates the meat stock from it in a separate bowl.
- On the other hand, strain the rice so that all the dirty stuff would be separated.
- Rice should be dipped into the water for 20 to 30 minutes so that it can be soft.
- On the other hand, take a bowl and add water in it with all the dry fruits like pistachio, almond, cashew.
- Add vegetables with that also and saffron.
- Chopped garlic and ginger, onions pieces, cumin seeds, coriander, turmeric powder, and salt, add all this stuff in it.
- Now take all the things together.
- Mutton stock, rice, and all the other made curry add up and leave it over a low flame for few minutes.
- Garnish with the mint leaves and dry fruits over it.