Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Afghan – Maash Pulao (Lentils Rice)
by Ayesha Umar
Maash pulao is one of the best and tastiest dish of Pakistan, Peshawar which is combined with spices and serve with salad, and rice. This dish is made by mixing the stock and rice with a little bit of spices. This dish is actually made on the special events and occasion of our tradition like Eid, weddings etc. This is not just about the dish this is actually base on the taste and the combination of dishes.
This dish originated from the Peshawar of Pakistan.
Tradition of this dish in Pakistan
This dish is the traditional dish of Pakistan. Every citizen of Pakistan is the lover of this dish because of its taste and made on the special occasions.
- Carbohydrates: 55%
- Fats: 26%
- Protein: 18%
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total time: 55 minutes
- Maash daal ( yellow lentils)
- Onion 2
- Cumin seeds 1 tbs
- Coriander 1 tbs
- Tomato 1
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Green chili 3
- Rice 1 kg
- Yogurt 2 tbs
- Ginger paste
- Garlic paste
- Take a karhai and add oil to it.
- Chopped the onions and tomatoes on the other side.
- When the oil is heated, add chopped onions.
- Fry the onions until it brown.
- After that add garlic and ginger paste to it.
- Add all the spices and tomatoes in it with the water of 1 cup.
- Fry them and leave it for 10 minutes to be soft and fry.
- When the masala is ready then add boiled daal to it.
- When it starts boiling then add rice to it.
- Leave this for 15 minutes on dum( steam).
- Your maash pulao is ready.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!