By Robecca Adnan
Halwa poori is the street food of Pakistan. It can be eaten at any time but it is popular for breakfast. This dish consists of poori (Bread) along with halwa. It is most popular in Pakistan. The people of every age like to have a breakfast with halwa poori either they are young, child or old. It will not be false to say that this is a mouthwatering dish because as we think about this dessert at the same time we desire to eat it. If we want to know about the origin of Halwa poori we come to know that it’s origin is india but it has become popular in the Pakistan among the middle, upper and elite classes to have a breakfast as Halwa poori. In Pakistan especially in the city of Lahore is famous for Halwa poori on the holiday’s in the city of Lahore demand of halwa poori increases.
Halwa poori is a traditional breakfast that consists of deep fried bread (Poori) served with halwa. Today my recipe is consists of two stages 1st Stage preparation of Halwa. Halwa is prepared in many different ways but today recipe include the halwa of Sooji . it can be prepared in many colors but I am going to prepare in yellow color and 2nd stage will be of preparation poori (Bread). Health experts used to say this that Halwa (sooji) has several health benefits such as healthy muscles, improve heart health, improve immunity and specially for the kids it is good for their health in winter but if mothers cooked this halwa at home. So mothers please prepare halwa at your own home with the help of this recipe. It is a delicious recipe that will make your breakfast more succulent.
1st Stage (Halwa)
- Semolina Flour (Sooji) 250 grams
- Sugar 250 grams
- Water 3 cup
- Cooking Oil ½ cup
- Green cardamoms 5
- Yellow food color ¼ tsp
- Almond 10 grinded for garnishing
- First of all strain the semolina flour (sooji)
- Put the oil in the hot pan and keep the pan on flame.
- Put the the green cardamoms in it and wait for one minute.
- After one minute put the strained semolina flour in it wait for 10-15 minutes and stir it continuously till the semolina get brown.
- Put the sugar in it and wait for 02 minutes and stir it .
- Add water in it
- Pour the yellow food color and covered it for 10 minutes till the water absorb in it completely, it is necessary to check it after every 5 minutes.
- After 10 minutes put it in the dish.
- Pour the almond on for garnishing
- Now delicious halwa is ready
Picture of ready Halwa
2st Stage (Poori)
- Superfine flour (meeda) 01 cup
- Flour 01 cup
- Salt 1/4tsp
- Oil 01 cup
- Normal warmWater ½ cup
- Take a bowl and put flour and superfine flour (meeda) in it.
- Put salt in it
- Put water in t and prepare the dough
- Put 3 tbsp oil it and mix the oil well in the dough for 7-10 minutes.
- Covered the dough for half hour.
- It is necessary to mention here that the dough should be prepare before preparing of the Halwa.
- Take a kadai and put oil in it and put it on the flame.
- Make small ball of the dough
- Make the bread of small ball with the help of bread belna
- Put the bread in the Kadai to fry and keep the low flame and wait for 3-5 minutes for each side of the bread.
- Now the poori is ready in the shape of bread (chapati)
Picture of ready poori
Here is a Halwa poori and serve it to the guest, friends and family members in the breakfast and enjoy your holiday. It can be served with a cup of tea. The picture of delicious to eat and beautiful to look halwa poori is given below: