Pakistan – Delicious Chana Dal Halwa
by Robecca Adnan
Chana Dal Halwa is a Pakistani traditional sweet dish and very healthy and tasty dish. In Pakistan mostly in winters people like to eat this halwa. The Chana Dal Halwa was first introduced during the Mughal Period in Sub continent of India. And Dal that is a Urdu language word which means pulse and Chana is called gram so this halwa is made of gram pulse so that is why this dish is called Chana Dal Halwa. Chana Dal is a famous dessert in Pakistan. This is a dish which is commonly liked among the children young and the old. This dish is traditionally eaten in India as well in Pakistan on festivals Like Eid Ul Fitar, Holi, Diwali, wedding ceremonies etc. In Pakistan this Dish is mostly used the winter season. In the morning people like to have Chana Dal Halwa in Breakfast because it is also good to health.
As we know that Chana Dal Halwa provides 30% of the total daily calories requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories. One cup of cooked Chana Dal provides 33 % of protein for the day. Chana Dal is heart and diabetic friendly, also rich in fiber. Chana dal has high amount of potassium and low amount of sodium witch make it very effective in regulating blood pressure. So taking these points in my mind I have decided to share with you this dessert that is famous in Pakistan and healthy dish. Let’s try this dish at your home with the help of my recipe.
- Gram pulse (Chana Dal) 250grams
- Sugar 200 grams
- Oil ½ cup
- Coconut chopped 2tbsp
- Almond Chopped 2tbsp
- Almond grinded 10 for garnishing
- Kishmish grinded 1tbsp
- Cardamom grinded 1tsp
- Water 1 cup
• First of all wash the Gram pulse (Chana Dal)
• After washing take bowl and put the washed gram pulse in it and keep it on fire for 15-20 minutes for boiling.
• After 15-20 minutes put the boiled gram pulse in a chopper and also put also put cardamom it and make it a forms of paste
• Then take a pan put a cup in it
• Add sugar in it and keep it on the flame for 5-7 minutes.
• After 5-7 minutes sheera will be ready
• Then taka a kadai put oil in it
• Put coconut in it and wait for 5 minutes
• Add paste of gram pulse in it
• Put grinded kishmish, almond grinded and sheera in it and wait for 7-10 minutes after 7-10 minute Delicious Chana Dal halwa is ready to serve.
Delicious Chana Dal Halwa
Here the picture of Delicious Chana Dal is ready below the title. You can serve it with tea in breakfast.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!