Pakistan – Delectable Date Coconut Bars (khajoor k methai)
By Dahiza Umar
Introduction to local cuisine
Firstly let me introduce what the local cuisine is, its actually a cooking method related to the different region and country.
Every region has its own kind of spices and variety of method for the cooking of same dish. Tradition of PAKISTAN’S cuisine: Food tradition here is very unique but similar to Indian dishes because of the subcontinent era. Food is symbol of love and affection.
‘’A good dinner can never be forgotten’’
Cuisine from various province of Pakistan has its own flavors and spices.
- Dates 2 cups
- Coconut 1 cup
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Walnuts 2 tablespoons
Method of cooking
- Take a pan and melt butter into it.
- Take seeds out of date.
- Now add dates into butter and let it melts at slow flame so that it may not burnt.
- When dates melts, layer the date mixture into a bowl and add coconut layer over it
- Now again layer the date mixture and put some walnuts or any kind of nuts you like.
- Add final layer of date mixture and garnish it with coconut and walnuts.
- Put the bowl into refrigerator for half hour
- Cut into different size and shape
- Serve and enjoy!
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!