Pakistan – Chicken Roast
by Dahiza Umar
'' COOKING IS THE ART OF HEART ''
Chicken dishes are very popular in Pakistan especially when they are prepared by the the method roasting, it is actually the method when chicken is cooked in its own fat and juices with the addition of the Pakistani spices like cumin, crushed red chilies, turmeric and the stock is which is made by the spices and juices of the chicken is so flavorful so the steam made by the moisture of aromatic spices give this chicken the full tendency of taste and aromatic delicacy. This dish is full of flavors and spices with the enchanting and downright taste. It is the perfect feast for the festivals like weddings, many religious ocassions, Eid and shabrats.
This dish is so popular whenever you visit the Lahore, city of Pakistan you can found it many places like five star restaurants or street food
This dish is enough to chill your family and friends with the taste of delicacy bursting with flavors. Food is the only thing that can get smile to anybody’s face. This fancy looking dish is too easy to make, you can just take whole chicken put it into the bowl with some ingredients and steam it so that the own juice and spices get infused into the chicken to lock the juiciness and taste intact. Than butter is added when the chicken is cooked and get soft to give it a buttery and creamy flavors,
”BUTTER IS ALWAYS BETTER”
You can enjoy this meal countless time, it is a royal dish in true sense. This dish is supposed of be have traditional version known as ”MURGH MUSALLAM”
MURGH MUSALLAM is a same roasting technique used to cook the whole chicken having almost same ingredients in the same way but it is known as the old name for CHICKEN ROAST, Traditionally this dish is known as murgh musalam. MURGH means chicken in urdu and MUSALLAM known to be as the spices used to make it delicious and flavorful.
As chicken roast or Murgh musallam is the Royal dish full of flavors and the use of ancient spices that is usually used in the home kitchen of any Pakistani family. It is claimed that it is one of the favorite dish of king of the royal family at that time when this dish was originated, this dish is included in the most ancient dishes of the royal family in the book of one of the nine gems in Akbar’s court.
PLACE OF ORIGIN
Indian subcontinent at the time of Royal Mughals.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 4 tbsp garlic paste
- 4 tbsp ginger paste
- 4 tbsp green chili paste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 butter
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 4 tbsp lemon
- 1 tbsp chaat masala
- Take a large cooking pot and add the whole chicken with all the spices and ingredients into it except butter and add 1 glass of water with into it and let it cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- now after some time turn the chicken upside down and again cook it until the whole chicken is cooked and the juicess starts evaporating.
- When the chicken is cooked and moisture is evaporated add the butter and sauted the whole chicken with the spices on high flame to get the color and crispiness over the chicken top.
- You can also put chicken in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes so the outer layer of chicken is get crispy and inside it is soft and juicy.
- Serve the chicken with additional complementary side dishes like it is usually served with the potato fries, roasted vegetables like carrot and corn with mashed potatoes.
CUISINE : ASIAN, PAKISTANI, MUGHAL’S CUISINE
COURSE : MAIN COURSE
PREPARATION TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME : 30 MINUTES
SERVINGS : 4 TO 5 PERSON
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!