By Dahiza umar
In Indian cuisine, this baingan bharta is one of many forms of bharta. Bharta is simply ingredients that are roughly slushed either before or after preparation of a dish. Bharta originally comes from Northern India and is made from all kinds of vegetables. This kind of baingan bharta is very quick and easy to make.
- 3 eggplants
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon of grinded ginger
- 1 grated ginger
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- Half teaspoon of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of cumin powder
- Half teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 tablespoons of chopped green coriander
- 2 green chilies (optional)
Guide to making it
- Bring together all ingredients
- The next step requires roasting the eggplant till the skin appears charred and also becomes soft inside.
- Allow it to cool after roasting, and peel off the charred skin.
- Mash the peeled eggplants and put aside for later use.
- Heat up the cooking oil in a pan, and put in the cumin seeds. Cook until the spattering stops.
- Put in the onions also and fry till it turns brown.
- Add your grinded garlic and ginger and keep frying for another minute.
- Add all powdered spices, green chilies (if available), and the tomatoes. Cook and stir for 5 minutes and add water if necessary.
- You can now add your mashed eggplant and mix together well. Put in the chopped coriander and cook for another minute. Done! Turn off the heat.
- Now serve it with your favourite daal dish or even hot chapatis.