Stuffed Capsicum is a special type of vegetarian dish which is based on mice of beef, but you can also try mutton mince or chicken mince depends on you. This special type of dish is very common in many cuisines like in Indian Cuisines, Asian cuisines but it is actually rooted in European cuisine. It has two main factors, the one is halved of capsicum and remove all seeds and white parts which are present inside the capsicum because we need to fill the halved of capsicum with prepared spicy boiled mince. The Stuffed Capsicum has two main components the one is mince, in which we need to cook and boiled it and include some spices with your own taste, while the other is Capsicums which we filled with boiled mince. This dish is a part of some cuisines and it is a popular dish in the world. When we talk about their fragrance and aroma, it is a very delightful and mouthwatering dish. It is the favorite dish of many people around the world. Throughout it is available in many countries but in Spain and Mexico where this dish is being originated is a very common and popular dish. It is full of nutritional dishes because of the usage of mince and famous vegetable capsicum. There are three main processes included one is to boil and cook the mince (beef or mutton) the second process is to assemble the half piece of capsicum and boiled mince and the last process is to give steam cook to the stuffed capsicum. But, you also can make this special type of dessert at your own home by following the cooking and baking procedure which is in a very easy way. So, in conclusion, most of the people mostly housewives can make it in their own homes.
Origin and History
Every kind of dish or dessert must have origin and history in their cuisine’s introductory part with their respective cuisine’s tradition this is the most important part of any cuisine. So, when we talk about the origin of this sweet delightful dessert (Stuffed Capsicum) is originated from Spanish Cuisines but some food historians say it is a part of Mexican Cuisine which is located in North America. As we know that it is the part of many cuisines and famous dish all over the world but this dish is actually originated from Spain and Mexico. This spicy dish is available throughout Spain’s market and restaurants. The dish is firstly cooked by a chef in Spain in 19 century. In Early, no one knows about that but with the passage of time, this dish is famous all over the world.
Names in Different Countries
When we talk about this dessert from a regional point of view it has many variations and called different names. So in India from Indian Subcontinents’ this dish is called “Bharva Shimla Mirch” in which they used same cooking method but we know every variation have different tastes, the word Bharva means Stuffed while Shimla Mirch is also a Hindi word which means Capsicum. While the other region is Middle-east and North Africa, in which this dish is called “Dolma” which is the same meaning as Stuffed Capsicum. They have also different tastes. The other region is North America, as I already told you about the country Mexico which is the part of North America, in which they called this dish “Chile Relleno”. Stuffed Capsicum or Green Chilies in American Cuisine are often in green, yellow color they used roasted method in which they roast the capsicum and filled with stuffed mince.
- Oil ½ Cup
- (Onion) sliced 3 large
- (Ginger garlic paste) 2 tbs
- (Red chili powder) 1 tbs
- (Cumin powder) 1 tsp
- (Coriander powder) 1 tsp
- (Turmeric powder) 1 tsp
- (Salt) 1 tsp or to taste
- (Tomatoes) chopped 3 medium
- (Beef mince) 1 kg
- (Water) 1 cup or as required
- (Mint leaves) 4 tbs
- (Fresh coriander) 4 tbs
- (Green chilies) 4
- (Whole spice powder) 2 tsp
- (Capsicum) 3 large
- (Water) ½ Cup
- Take a pot set it onto the stove at low flame.
- Add half a cup of oil, heat it then adds sliced onion and fries until it is translucent.
- After frying takes out some fried onions and set them aside.
- Now fry the remaining onion until its colors turn to a golden brown.
- Then add ginger garlic paste mix it well and continuously cooking.
- Then add red chili powder to taste, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and turmeric powder, salt to taste, 3 medium chopped tomatoes and mix it well and cook until tomatoes are tender.
- Now add 1 kg beef mince and mix it well until mince is separate.
- Continuously cook until water is reduced from the pot at the medium-high flame for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let’s add 1 cup of water or as required into the pot.
- Then cover the pot and cook on medium-low flame for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and add reserved half fried onion into the pot and mix it well.
- Then add mint leaves, fresh coriander, green chilies, and whole spice powder and mix it well.
- Take 3 large capsicums.
- Then remove all seeds and the white part of the capsicum.
- Apply the above method for all capsicums.
- Now reserve half of the fried mince from the pot and add it to the medium size pan.
- Fill the capsicum from the remaining half of the fried mince.
- Now add some water into the pan and cook on medium flame.
- Then place all capsicums into the pan over the fried mince and cover it.
- Cover the pan and cook it for approximately 10 to 15 minutes at low flame.
- After uncovering it your stuffed capsicums are ready to eat.
- Serve it to your family and your loved ones.
- Enjoy the meal!
- Calories: 311.3 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Proteins: 5.2g
- Fat: 9.2g
- Preparation Time: 25 to 30 minutes
- Cooking: 20 minutes
- Total time: 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serving: 4 to 5
- Origin: European region
- Cuisine: Spain & Mexico
- Taste: Spicy