by Verdzekov Bernard
This sound like rice, but It is not. This is another Nigerian delicacy valued and prepared by the Nigerians. This meal is spectacular in nature because, it takes the combination of several ingredients you could hardly think of to come up with it. This ingredient must be there and that serves as the main ingredients before you come up with success when preparing this meal. Agidi Jollof could be eating as a main course meal and it is delicious. Agidi Jollof is a special meal to the Nigerians and if you come across it be it in Cameroon or Nigeria itself, don’t hesitate, go in for it. To prepare Agidi jollof, follow guide below;
- Vegetable oil
- Tomato paste
- Corn paste (pap)
- Coconut powder
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder
- Boney meat
- Chop your tomatoes, garlics and ginger and blend. Chop your onions and put aside.
- Wash your meat and boil. Boil with some of the chopped onions, chili powder and salt to taste. Make sure you keep the stock.
- Heat up your vegetable oil and fry your onions and tomatoes. In this process, add your tomato paste and fry too. This is to make the raw taste to vanish.
- Mix your coconut powder in a small bowl with water, and into the pot and stir well. Add your maggi and salt to taste.
- Put your corn paste in a bowl, add water and stir well.
- Put your meat stock into another pot and bring it to a boil. Start to add your corn paste slowly into the stock while stirring gently. The content will thicken.
- Put all in one pot and stir well together with your meat.
- Then using warmed well-cut banana leaves or foil paper, scoop your Agidi in a spoon and put in your leaves or foil paper rap and put in your deep pot and steam.
- Remove after 20-25min. Serve.