by Ananya Fatima
Thukpa is one of the best and famous soups of NEPAL. This soup contains many ingredients and it’s up to you that which type of things you want so basically this soup is for every taste of the person. Thukpa is a soup which is made with different varieties of meat like you can use chicken, beef, mutton, or any other type which is your favorite. It is actually started in the HIMALAYA region of NEPAL.
Thukpa is famous all around the world but especially in NEPAL, TIBET, INDIA, BHUTAN and many more but these countries/regions eat it as much as they can. Thukpa is a very delicious soup that everyone wants to eat in WINTERS especially.
Let’s move towards its naming that what does it mean.
The meaning of thukpa word is “HEART” so everyone call this dish is a heart warming dish.
This dish contains very special ingredients and this dish is one of the best nutrients dishes which contains that ingredients that are full of nutrients and this soup helps to prevent the coldness of winter from the body of the human.
There are many varieties of thukpa like some of them are simple and have no spice and some of them are full of spices that contain masala and many more things which makes it spicy.
Thukpa is the generic word like general word for every dish that contains stew of meat or combination of noodles.
VARIETIES OF THUKPA
There are many vairties of thukpa like
- Soy Sauce
- Vegetable broth
- red chili powder
- black pepper
- meat stew
- The very first thing that you have to do is to take the pan and add it over the stove and on medium heat.
- when the pan is heated, add oil in it.
- chopped the onions and all the vegetable on the other hand.
- Put the onions ( chopped ) in the pan and fry them until its color changes to light brown.
- Now ad all the other vegetables with all the spices in it.
- Now add vegetable broth and water in it and heat it for 10 minutes.
- Boil the noodles on the other hand with some of them spices like salt and pepper in it.
- Mix the noodles with vegetables.
- You thukpa is ready to eat.
Cuisine = Nepal
Course = side course
Time required = 1 hour
Cooking time = half hours