Malaysia – Nasi Kerabu
by Fauzan Anandika
MotoGP becomes one of the popular sport in the world. It successfully attracts people of all ages, male and female to watch it. Anything about MotoGP is interesting to discuss, start from the legendary rider, high-speed machine, motor accessories until the best circuit in the world. MotoGP held in the best-selected race circuit around the world. A well-known race circuit like Catalonia, Silverstone, or Shanghai has become the world center of attention in every race. In Southeast Asia, Malaysia becomes the only MotoGP organizer. Start from 1991, Malaysia trusted to organize MotoGP. They use Shah Alam Circuit for the event. They removed the event to the Johor circuit in 2003 and moved again to the Sepang circuit in 2011.
Becoming a world event organizer like MotoGP gives Malaysia incomparable benefit. MotoGP is one of the best ways to attract foreign tourists and a chance to presented Malaysia to the world. Well prepared for the event, Malaysia also serves all the MotoGP supporters with their culture, hospitality, and culinary. Malaysian food use rice as their base. There are many rice dishes to taste when visiting Malaysia.
Nasi Kerabu is one of them. It has blue colored rice that makes this dish unique. Nasi Kerabu originally comes from the east coast area Kelantan or Terengganu district. To create blue rice, Malaysian people use Asian Pigeonwings flower instead of synthetic food coloring. They also use various Asian spices like turmeric, galangal, and torch ginger.
Nasi Kerabu serves with a side of shredded coconut, fried fish, or fried chicken. It tastes savory, spicy, and a little bit salty. To make Nasi Kerabu is easy. You can cook it using a regular rice cooker. So let’s start cooking Nasi Kerabu with a side of Percik chicken.
Nasi Kerabu Ingredient
- 3 cup of rice grain
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 stick lemongrass
- 2 sheet Pandan leaves
- 3 sheet lime leaf
- 65 ml of coconut milk
- 20 piece of Asian Pigeonwings
Percik Chicken Ingredient
- 1 whole organic chicken, cut into four
- 6 shallot
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 cm ginger
- 1 lemongrass, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
Percik’s gravy ingredient
- 10 shallot
- 5 dried red chili
- 300 ml thick coconut milk
- 2 cm ginger
- 50 ml tamarind water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
How to cook Percik chicken
- Blend all the spice, shallot, garlic, ginger, and salt using a food processor.
- Wash clean the chicken and rub with blended spice. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Blend all Percik gravy start from shallot, dried red chili, and ginger with a food processor. Use this for Percik gravy. Stir fry the spice with cooking oil.
- Add coconut milk, tamarind water, salt, and sugar. Stir continuously until boiling.
- Grill the marinated chicken with charcoal.
- Place it on a serving plate and pour with Percik gravy.
- Percik chicken ready to serve
How to cook Nasi Kerabu
- Wash clean rice grain. Remove to a rice cooker.
- Add water to cook rice.
- Add all the spice and mix it.
- Cook with a rice cooker.
- Nasi Kerabu ready to serve with a side of Percik chicken.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!