Malawi, Tanzania – Malawi Stiff Porridge (Nsima)
By Yu Ten
Since the African traditional wars around 18s-19s, Nsima has been used as the best food because it is believed to bring energy.
Malawi is bordered with southern part of Tanzania, hence southern part of Africa and is the among of the tourists countries in southern part of the continent.
Nsima is a Malawi term to spot stiff porridge and has been placed with Chambo (a fried Fish) as the best dish in the country even over rice.
Preparation on Nsima is only made from the mix of maize flour and water, let us cook it as follows:
- Ratio of 500ml of water : 1/4kg of flour.
- Boil water using cooking pan, wait for it to reach the boiling point.
- Add maize flour and start to stir it.
- Stir until all water is mixed with flour. (the stirring process may take 7-10 minutes)
- Take Nsima into plate ready for meal, enjoy
Nsima wuth meat and vegetable
Nsima with Chambo
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!