by Verdzekov Bernard
Many tribes have different cuisines and different ways in which they prepare them. You may have a particular meal eaten in your area, community or tripe and you call it a particular name or the community calls it a particular name that is known by everyone in that particular community. That same meal could be eating in another community far from yours but it is called another name. The only thing that changes at times is the cooking style. Maybe some additional ingredients that changes the taste of your meal. But when it comes to appearance, you see it as same meal.
The question that many people ask is, how did this meal come about? How did people come about the combination of many spices and leaves to come up with a particular meal? It is like a myth to me, but I will say humans are creative and when It comes to the stomach and food, man had to improvise in order to satisfy the stomach, man had to maintain growth and good health and food has a role It plays when it comes to health. Also, God had everything figured out already, so, he instills in us the knowledge to be able to go about it.
Many of us need it. That is, the various means in which many cuisines around the world are prepared. You could be caught up in a situation where the spices or raw food around you demands a particular way for it to come out tasteful, and if you know how to go about it, it will be wonderful. Though the internet has helped most of you who don’t know how to cook, that shouldn’t stop you from learning. Though I can bet, some people still read how a particular meal is prepared on the internet and still don’t know how to go about it. Lol. Have no fear. Reading my articles on cuisines, you won’t suffer from confusion. I try to present the easiest means that can lead you to a positive end result.
Like I wrote in my past article on Banana cake, here is a meal that it is cooked with plantains. This is a plant that grows banana’s which is eating as fruit and plantains that is cooked or roasted before it is eaten. Is God not great? The meal you will know how to prepare after reading its process and ingredient you will have to put together is Ndizi ya Kasii. This is a Kenyan dish and it is valued by the Kenyan people. Follow the procedure below to cook this wonderful dish;
- Plantains. (Unripe plantains). (8)
- Salt to taste
- Green spices
- Palm oil
- Fresh pepper
- Peel your plantains. When peeling your plantains, or before peeling your plantains, make sure you apply palm oil on your hands to avoid the sticky substance that emits from the plantain shelve.
- Slice your plantains in cheeps shapes.
- Chop your onions and tomatoes. Keep aside. Chop your green spices and keep aside.
- Grind your ginger and blend and keep aside.
- Prep your main cooking pot. Put your oil in the pot and hit up. Start by frying your onions.
- When onions are translucent, add your tomatoes and fry. Add your green spices after. After frying for 3mins add your plantains. Allow your plantains to fry for about 10min, then add water to the level of the plantains in the pot and allow. Add ginger and stir well. Add Maggi and salt to taste and cover your pot for plantains to cook. This should take about 25-30min.
- Open the pot and add your fresh pepper in about 25min and close pot for 5-10min atmost.
You could use dry fish or meat for this meal. It is your choice to make.