Indonesia, Malaysia – Traditional Nasi Goreng
by Muhammad Ahmad
Nasi Goreng is a special type of dish popular in the Southeast Asian region, especially in Indonesia and Malaysia. It is also famous in Southern Thailand, Sri Lanka, and the Netherlands. Nasi Goreng is a type of fried rice in Indonesian style with pieces of bite-size chicken pieces and sweet soy sauce. In Indonesia and Malaysia it is first made with the help of Chinese fried rice and after that make some variations in it and ready an Indonesian style Nasi Goreng. It is slightly similar to the Chinese cooking style because whenever anyone going to cook it they used Chinese wok which is used for the stir-frying technique. No worries about it you can make it in a simple wok that is used in daily life. However, the taste of this delicious Nasi Goreng is just fabulous and mouthwatering. It is slightly bitter in taste and because of the usage of sweet soy sauce. Nasi Goreng is often used as the Main course and can be eaten at Dinner or Lunch. Nasi Goreng is a national dish of Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, and Singapore. You can make it at your own home easily by tracing my recipe step by step. If you try once hoped it would be better for you and you loved it then you make it once a week. For making Nasi Goreng it has three stages of cooking which are as follows.
Making Sweet Soy Sauce
The first stage for cooking Nasi Goreng at your own home is to make sweet soy sauce first which is described in the cooking method.
Making Nasi Goreng thorough fried rice
The next stage and procedure are to make the fried rice first, then take bite-size chicken pieces and cook them together in a wok at medium flame then add prepared sweet soy sauce in it. Your Indonesian style Nasi Goreng is about to ready.
The third and last step for finalizing the Nasi Goreng is Garnishment. You can get Garnish it with a fried egg and put it on Nasi Goreng from the front side means the egg’s yellow side should be on top. Then serve it in front of your family or friends.
Origin and History
As I described in the previous heading that Nasi Goreng is an Indonesian national cuisine and also it is originated from the Southeast Asian Country Indonesia. However, it is originated in the 16th century by Chinese immigrants in Indonesia but it becomes popular almost in the 19th century. Recently in 2018 the Indonesian government declares Nasi Goreng as a national dish and it is included in the National cuisine of Indonesia along with some other recipes like sate, Soto, and Gado-Gado, these all are the national cuisines of Indonesia. Nasi Goreng becomes part of the Indonesian culture from ancient times. The relation between china and Indonesia makes them a contribution of cuisines and culture, same as Nasi Goreng was firstly made by the immigrants Chinese which are going to settle in archipelago and rest of their life will spend with their cultures and cuisines. They usually try some hot foods and soups. Chinese fried rice is one of the special dishes in china. Then with the use of cooked fried rice, they were made Nasi Goreng in Indonesia. Now it is the most popular dish in the Southeast Asian region.
For Sweet Soy Sauce
- soy sauce ¼ cup
- brown sugar 4 tbsp
For Nasi Goreng:
- cooking oil 2 tbsp
- chopped onion 2 tbsp
- garlic cloves 2
- red chili 2-3
- boneless chicken 100-gram
- sweet soy sauce 1 tbsp
- 1 egg
- balachaw paste 1 ½ tsp
- cooked rice 1 ½ cup
- turmeric ¼ tsp
- soy sauce 1 tsp
- pepper ½ tsp
For Garnish :
- 1 tsp fried onions
- 1 egg
For Sweet Soy Sauce
- Take a frying pan place it on the stove at medium flame.
- Then add soy sauce and brown sugar to it.
- Stir and give it to simmer cook until it seems like thickens at medium-low heat.
- Dish out into the separate bowl and set aside.
Preparing Nasi Goreng
- Now take a wok place it on the stove at low heat.
- Add cooking oil, chopped onion, 2 chopped cloves, 2 to 3 chopped red chilies in the pan.
- Continuously stir at low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add boneless chicken pieces which are 100 gm in quantity and again give it to a good mix.
- Now add 1 tsp of prepared sweet sauce and again mix it well on low flame.
- Then add 1 whole egg and again mix it well.
- Let’s add balachaw paste (shrimp paste) optional you can add or not it’s your choice.
- Once again give it to a good mix until well combined.
- Now add half a cup of boiled rice into to pan and mix it well.
- Then add turmeric powder, soy sauce, and salt to taste and mix it well.
- Dish out Nasi Goreng into the plate or bowl.
- For garnishing Nasi Goreng takes a whole egg and fried it.
- Put this fried egg on the top of nasi goreng.
- Then sprinkle chopped fried onion ls on the Nasi Goreng.
- Your delicious dish Nasi Goreng is ready to eat and serve.
- Serve it to your family and your friends.
- Enjoy your meal.
- Calories: 390 kcal
- Fat: 20.7 g (32%)
- Proteins: 9.7 g (19%)
- Serving: 2 to 3 persons
- PREP. TIME: 10 MINS
- COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: ALMOST half-hour Required
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!