Indonesia – Kapurung
by Fauzan Anandika
Aren’t you agree when I say tourism became one of the biggest economic boosters for a country? Especially countries with heavenly panoramic and unique culture. Indonesia has both of it, blessings with such as beautiful nature and more than 1.300 tribes create thousand culture and tradition. As a sailor from the east, the Bugis tribe spread their culture all over their territory, including their culinary.
Come along with Coto, Kapurung also become popular as an authentic dish from South Sulawesi. Tasty soup topped with various vegetables and protein serves hot and fresh. What makes Kapurung unique is they use boiled sago as their carbohydrate source. It tastes like eating smooth jelly with thick peanut and sour gravy. Using sago as an ingredient makes Kapurung have a chewy texture, easy to digest, and fill your stomach fast. At that time, sago becomes a carbohydrate source. That’s why Kapurung becomes popular up until now.
Kapurung uses fresh fish, beef, or chicken for their protein choice. For vegetables, local people usually use long beans, spinach, eggplant, sweetcorn, and banana inflorescence. Sour sensation in Kapurung comes from mixing lime, lemon, and patikala (torch ginger). Feel hungry already? Let’s walk to the kitchen and start cooking.
- 150-gram sago flour
- 450 ml of water
- 1 mackerel tuna, cut into 3 pieces (can be substituted with chicken or beef)
- 50 ml sour water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 100 ml of water
- 3 corn shelled
- 5 long beans, small cuts
- 250-gram spinach cut into pieces
- 50-gram eggplant cut into pieces
- 100 grams banana inflorescence
- 1-liter water
- Salt (adjust to your taste)
- 10 Cayenne pepper
- 5 shallot
- 5 clove garlic
- 1 tomato
- 50-gram peanuts
How to Cook the Protein
- Marinate the mackerel tuna for 5 minutes.
- Cook until smell good.
- Add water and keep the heat until mackerel fish is well cooked.
- Fillet the fish and mix with other Kapurung seasoning.
- Set aside the broth.
How to Cook
- Pulverized all the seasoning ingredients until smooth and set aside in part to be a flavoring later.
- Boil water with sago wait until it becomes a glue-like dough. Then make it into a ball shape.
- Boil water in the cooking pot put all the vegetables.
- Pour all the seasoning, sago ball, and fish broth.
- Stir until all vegetables are well cooked.
- Adjust to your taste.
Kapurung ready to serve. Taste better while still hot. You can add some lime juice.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!