Indonesia – Angeun Lada
by Fauzan Anandika
In 1883 shock by a great disaster, a monstrous mountain erupted. Create a hot cloud wave and a great Tsunami that killed more than 36.ooo people. The Krakatau mountain erupted that day, create an explosion equal to 30.000 nuclear bombs in Hiroshima. On that day, our earth becomes dark for two days, caused by volcanic dust. It tremendous power shoot out volcanic material until 80 km high and spread to many countries like India, Sri Lanka, Australia, and New Zealand. But now Mount Krakatau is in a sleeping mode, rest peacefully in the Indian Oceans.
Mount Krakatau is a mountain island in the Sundanese strait in Indonesia. After the great explosion in 19883, Krakatau becomes a beautiful island to visit. It has a beautiful panoramic with its small volcanic activity makes mount Krakatau a tourist destination for both local and foreign tourists. When visiting Krakatau, the best route is via Banten province. You will need 7 hours from Jakarta to mount Krakatau by land transportation. When crossing Banten province, don’t forget to recharge your energy by eating Angeun Lada.
Angeun Lada is an authentic dish from Banten province. Angeun Lada comes from the word angeun word means vegetables, and lada means spicy. This dish is dedicated to chili lovers. It contains beef, lamb, tripe, and vegetable with a spicy soup, seasoning with shallot, garlic, candlenut, and galangal to create an authentic Indonesian taste. Angeun Lada serves with a side of Ketupat (Indonesian rice cake).
You don’t have to become a food traveler to eat Angeun Lada since it can be cook with your daily cookware in your own house. Already excited yet? Let us start to cook Angeun Lada.
- ½ kg beef tripe, cut into bite-size
- ½ kg beef meat, cut into bite-size
- 10 pieces cayenne pepper
- 2 cm of galangal
- 6 pieces candlenut
- ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 cm of turmeric
- 1 cm of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon beef broth powder
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 liter of water
- 3,5 cup medium quality rice
- Woven palm leaf (you can see youtube for how to make the woven palm leaf)
How to make Ketupat
- Soak the rice for 1 hour.
- Drain and strain the rice, add ½ teaspoon of salt, mix it.
- Fill the woven palm leaf with rice until ¾ full cover the rice, set aside. Repeat until all the rice is covered.
- Boil water in a big pot, boil the rice for 2 hours.
- Torn the Ketupat and cut the rice cake into bite-size.
- Ketupat ready to serve.
How to cook Angeun Lada
- Prepare a medium frying pan.
- Add cooking oil, fry cayenne pepper, galangal, candlenut, turmeric, and ginger until shriveled.
- Grind all the fried spice.
- Fry again the ground spice.
- Add water, beef, and tripe. Wait until boiling
- Add sugar, salt, and beef broth powder.
- Cook until the meat tender.
- Adjust the taste with salt and sugar.
- Serve with a side of Ketupat.
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!