By Verdzekov Bernard
Mpotor mpotor is a Ghanaian cuisine, though also common in Cameroon. In Cameroon, there is no special name prescribed for this cuisine. We just call it mashed yams, or mashed potatoes. We call it mashed potatoes when potatoes are used and mashed yams when we use yams. But in Ghana, it is called Mpotor Mpotor. This is also a common Ghanaian dish and valued by the Ghanaian people. it is also a low-income meal and could be eating by all. It is delicious and heavy when consumed. Rarely could you find this as an outdoor meal or in restaurants. There are just mostly prepared and eating at home. To prepare Mpotor Mpotor, follow guide below:
- Salt to taste
- Dry fish
- Palm oil
- Chop your tomatoes and onions.
- Blend your crayfish
- Boil your dry fish and scatter with your hands
- Slice your yams into small shapes, pill and wash.
- Boil your yams and keep aside.
- Stand your main cooking pot on heat and heat your oil. Fry your onion and tomatoes. Add in your cray fish and stir. Add in your dry fish and stir.
- Allow pot for about 5min.
- Add your boil yams. Stir well then using a wooden stick used for cooking, mash your yams so well with the wooden stick until it is completely soft.
Serve and Enjoy…