by Verdzekov Bernard
I have writing about Cameroon dishes, Nigeria and about Ghanaian dishes. I have writing about some European cuisines. This is just to communicate to the world that, there is no boundary as to what anyone should eat. If you know how to cook the dish, why not go ahead and cook for yourself and enjoy. Most of the meals I have writing about, I have cooked them. That is because I got the advantage that, most of the ingredients if not all are available in Cameroon. I am a Cameroonian, but I have eating so many dishes from Nigeria, Ghana, Gabon etc. It is not like I go to Nigeria or Ghana or Gabon before eating this meal, No. it is because many of this article on cuisine are writing and published online and some of the cuisines, I learned from other foreigners living in Cameroon. we have many foreigners in Cameroon some from Ghana, Nigeria, south Africa etc. they come for education and business purposes.
This dish I am to write about is very simple and easy to understand amongst the many cuisines I have writing on. The main ingredient is ripe plantains. The dish is a Ghanaian dish and it is valued by Ghanaians and those that have tried it out. To prepare this wonderful Ghanaian dish, Follow instructions below;
- Vegetable oil
- Ripe plantains
- Chili pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh pepper
Kitchen Utensils likely to use
- Deep fry pan
- Fry spoon
- Gas cooker
- Chop your onions, blend with fresh pepper and keep aside
- Chop your ginger and garlics and blend
- Peel your lemon and squeeze in a cup and keep aside
- Grater your nutmeg and keep aside
- Cut your plantains and slice into small halves.
- In one deep bowl, put your blend ingredients together with your plantains and mix well.
- Add 1 table spoon of lemon juice into the bowl and mix. Add your nutmeg powder and mix. Allow the bowl while you stand your deep-frying pan on the gas with your oil. Allow it to heat up.
- The time you use to set your frying pan on the gas, gave chance for the plantains to absorb the flavor of the blend ingredients.
- Start frying and remove when plantains are golden brown.
- Remove and serve hot.
Easy… Enjoy your meal with some cold juice.