by Verdzekov Bernard
Meals are of different kind. Some very easy, some very difficult. Today is about Gari Foto. It is an easy dish. Easy to prepared and of low income. The idea about meals is that it should be delicious and satisfactory. Gari foto is that type of dish. Simple but delicious and affordable. Gari Foto is a Ghanaian dish. Loved and valued by the Ghanaian people and by those who have tried out the meal. To prepare Gari Foto, follow guide below;
- Palm oil
- Salt to taste
- Sardine (optional)
- 6 eggs
- Green chilli
- Chop your onions and tomatoes and keep aside.
- Blend your garlics and keep aside
- Boil three eggs and keep aside.
- Heat your fry-pan with your palm oil. Don’t allow it to bleach too much.
- Fry your onions and tomatoes.
- Add your garlics and chopped green spices. Fry well.
- Put your gari in a bowl and sprinkle water on and stir. It shouldn’t thicken. it should be crumb like. Keep aside.
- Add your curry powder for flavor and stir.
- Crack 3 eggs into the pot, add sardine and stir well for about 4min.
- Add your moist gari and stir well. stir and mix well for about 10-15min. Make sure it shouldn’t burn. Turn off heat, remove and serve.
- If your boiled egg hasn’t cold well, put in cold water. Then remove and peel of the shelf. Cut into two and serve with your gari foto. Garnish with sliced onions or green spices.