By Verdzekov Bernard
Fante fante is a local dish that originated from the Fante tribe of the central region. This is the central region of Ghana. The Fante people are part of Ivorians that were separated. The majority of the Fante people are settled in the central region of Ghana. The state that makes up the Fante are; Kurantsi, Ajumako, Gomoa etc. Some prominent people that you may know that are from the Fante tribe are, Peter Turkson and Kofi Annan. This Fante cuisine is made up of some natural spices you know of including fish that is common and eating everywhere. To prepare this dish, follow guide below;
- Lemon Juice
- Jumbo fish
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Prepare your fish and wash well.
- Spread and sprinkle your lemon juice on it.
- Cut your fish into small slices.
- Slice your tomatoes but eliminate the seeds. Put aside
- Slice your onions and keep aside
- Grease your pan with the butter
- Put in your green spice and curry and olive oil. Add your onions and fry until translucent. Add your tomatoes and fry.
- Add your blend garlics and ginger.
- Add your fish and allow to cook.
- This should take about 20-25min max.
- Remove and serve.
Garnish with sliced orange and grated coconut.