Creme brulee is a special type of dessert that is simple, ordinary, elegant, and delicious sweet in taste. There is a very easy method for the preparation of Creme Bruléé. When we look at the region of this delightful dessert that is from the European region. In this region, there are many several European countries included. The place of origin of this dessert in France. Somehow the french name is Créme Bruléé but in other countries, this dessert is known by a different name. For example, in England, the name of Créme Bruléé is also known as “Burnt Cream” which means a hot and purified cream, Or burning sugar. There are two main components of this dish the one hot and purify cream and the other is burning sugar. We use burning sugar in last when we are done with the baking process, we put the sugar onto the Créme Bruléé and then burn the sugar through the hot burner, that’s why its name called Créme Bruléé. This delightful dessert is rich in cream and sugar, so its taste is much sweeter than other desserts. We use this dessert at the dining table, or you can eat it at any time like lunchtime or dinner time. Most probably this dessert cook for some moments like if you are in happy mode, you can make it for your happiness double. The first look of this dessert-like a custard then we put sugar on top and then burn it through the burner. This special type of dessert will available at some places like in bakeries, supermarkets, etc. You can also try this recipe at your own home by following these steps.
Origin And History
Créme Bruléé is the special type of dessert as I said earlier, but when we talk about the origin and history of this delightful dessert, it originated from France, but there are several countries that claim the origin of Crème Brûlée which are Spain, England, etc. There are many variations in it. Some cookbooks (History of cuisines in it) said this dessert was originated from France and some others said different countries. So they went into deep of history of Crème Brûlée then they found in different cookbooks in the last of 15th century the burning of sugar technique invented by France and then in last the result was that France is the actual origin of that dessert. For the being of time interval, it shows up popularity and becomes famous dessert in the world. In the Asian and African regions, this dessert is not much popular as in the European region.
Brûlée Transformation and its Serving
Nowadays there are many variations in it. The Crème Brûlée is now turned into flavor and with the help of this flavor there are many products made, like a Crème Brûlée flavored cupcake, a Créme Bruléé flavored ice cream, a Crème Brûlée flavored Donuts and etc. Most usage of this flavored is to make Coffee. Nowadays, it made a heavy impression on the American masses and sold in many places in America. In fact, you can easily avail Créme Bruléé from different grocery stores and small restaurants.
When we talk about its serving as I said earlier it can be served in happy moments and for birthday moments and much other time to cook and bake it for your family and your party friends. You can make it in a very easy way by following the cooking method step by step.
- Egg yolks 5 large
- Sugar ½ cup
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- Heavy cream 2 cups
- A pinch of salt (optional)
- Sugar (for the topping) 2 tbsp
Cooking and Baking Method
- At the start, take a bowl and all 5 Eggs.
- Break the egg into the bowl and separate the yolks of all eggs.
- Then add a half cup of sugar, half tsp of vanilla essence, and a pinch of salt if required (optional) into the bowl of egg yolks.
- Let’s whisk it well through whisker.
- Now take a saucepan and set it on the stove at medium-low heat.
- Then add 2 cups of heavy cream (not for boiling) heat it as brings to simmer.
- Now take hot cream and add some quantity of it into the egg yolks’ bowl and whisk it well.
- During whisking, continue adding hot cream a little at constant until the whole cream finished.
- Once you are done, clean the chunks from the mixture through a sieve.
- Now take four ramekins (small baking dish or for serving individuals) pour the whole mixture equally into 4 ramekins.
- Then set all ramekins in a big dish full of hot water.
- Then bring a dish for baking.
- Bake the dish in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes approximately at 160 degrees.
- Once you are with baking your crème Brulee almost ready to serve.
- Set the dish at any place to cool it down or you can refrigerate overnight.
- Top the ramekins through sugar.
- Now the last step is to burn the sugar through the burner on the top of the Crème Brûlée.
- Your delicious Crème Brulee is ready to eat.
- Calories: 602 per serving
- Fat: 50 g (77%)
- Proteins: 10.7 g (21%)
- Serving: 4 Persons
- COOKING TIME: 35 MINS
- PREP. TIME: 15 MINS
- REFRIGERATION TIME: 4 hrs
- TOTAL TIME: 4 hours 50 MINUTES REQUIRED TOTAL
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups
- Sauce Pan
- Fine mesh strainers
- Cutting Board