France – Crispy Potato Puffs
Potato puff is a special dish famous in France. This dish is a type of Orleans food dish. Potato Puffs means a fried Potato that is crispy and delicious in taste. This dish is often used in snacks. There are many other names in different countries. One of them is Soufflés Potato which meaning is same as Potato puffs and this name is often used in France. It is the European region dish. The taste of this dish is salty and crispy. There are two main components of this dish the one is Boiled and Mashed Potatoes while the other component is all-purpose flour and grated cheese. This dish is a part of some cuisines and it is a popular dish in the world. It is the favorite dish of many people around the world. Throughout it is available in many countries but in France where this dish is being originated is a very common and popular dish. It is full of nutritional dishes and this dish is full of fats because potato contains fats and proteins more than calories there are some main processes included the one is prepared the Paste like liquid with mashed potatoes and the other process is making the balls and then frying it desperately. There are two options or two methods which are. you can make them in the form of balls or can make them in the form of chips. But, you also can make this special type of snacks at your own home by following the cooking procedure which is in a very easy way. So, in conclusion, most of the people mostly housewives can make it better at their own home.
Origin and History
Every kind of dish or dessert must have origin and history in their cuisine’s introductory part with their respective cuisine’s tradition this is the most important part of any cuisine. So, when we talk about the origin of these Crispy snacks (Potato puffs) are originated from French Cuisines. In the French language, this snack is also known as “Pommes de Terre soufflés”. It is invented in the 18th century by the French chef Jean-Louis-Francois Collinet. Some food Historians said these snacks may be discovered around the 1830s. many restaurants adapted their recipe throughout the world after its invention. And this makes them popular and becomes famous with the passage of time.
Serving is also the main point of any cuisine’s introductory part. In serving we know about the serving of dishes at which time, and which place, with which product? In serving of Potato Puffs you can serve it as evening snacks. Many people used these snacks for their outing plans or any kind of trip. The right places that you can serve these delightful snacks are Trips, Evening snacks, family gatherings, etc. you can eat them as evening snacks for the fulfillment of your hungriness. So serve it to your families and your loved ones as a Snacks with Tomato Ketchup.
- (Butter) 80 gms (1/3 Cup)
- (Water) 1 Cup
- (All-purpose flour) 1 Cup
- (Black pepper powder) 1 tsp
- (Salt) ½ tsp or to taste
- (Green chilies) chopped 1 tbs
- (Coriander) chopped 1 tbs
- (Eggs) 3
- (Potatoes) Boiled & mashed ½ Cup
- Cheddar cheese grated ¾ Cup
- Parmesan cheese ¼ Cup (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Take a wok add 80 grams of fresh butter and 1 cup of water.
- Leave it to boil at medium flame.
- After this mix it well and add all-purpose flour and mix it really well.
- Continuously cooking and mix it for approximately 3 to 4 minutes until the formation of dough is created.
- At last, you get a dough form.
- Then take a bowl and add dough into the bowl, then add black pepper powder, salt to taste, chopped green chilies, and chopped coriander, 3 eggs (add one by one) into the bowl.
- Let’s whisk the mixture through the whisker machine and add 1 egg more.
- Then again whisk well and then add 1 more egg into the bowl and whisk again.
- It forms looks like a paste.
- Now add mashed and boiled potatoes, cheddar cheese grated, and parmesan cheese (optional) mix it well.
- Now take a pan to add half a liter of oil for frying.
- Now grease your hands with some oil and make small balls of mashed potatoes.
- Include 5 to 6 small balls at a time for frying.
- Let’s fry it until its color changes turn into golden at low flame.
- Use the piping bag for frying.
- The usage of the piping bag is to add some mixture of mashed potatoes into the bag and draw a thick and draw the line on the pan just like Jalebee.
- Then do the same process as in option 1 for frying.
- Your Potato puffs are ready to eat.
- Serve hot with your family and your loved ones.
- Enjoy the Snacks.
- Calories: 260.3 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 10.9g
- Proteins: 13.2g
- Fat: 16.2g
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking: 10 to 15 minutes
- Total time: 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serving: 3 to 4
- Origin: European region
- Cuisine: France
- Taste: Crispy and Salty
发表评论Want to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!