The scotch egg is a special evening snack in the United Kingdom. These are prepared with a special formula and it becomes famous after the 19th century. It is the special and most popular cuisine of British Cuisine. There are 3 main components of Scotch egg, for example, number one are boiled eggs then sausage and in last bread crumbs, these are the main ingredients or components of this recipe. It is prepared with boiled eggs with 3 different types of layers on it the one is prepared beef mince layer, the second one is simple egg liquid layer and the last layer is cornflour and bread crumbs layer and then fry them deeply. The combination of these things makes the delicious and delightful Scotch eggs. The aroma and fragrance of this dish are mouthwatering and delightful, So today I will show how to cook this delightful recipe in a very easy way by following these easy steps of a recipe you can make at your own home easily and shared with your family and your loved ones.
Origin and history
Every dish should include origin and history in their cuisine’s introductory part with their respective cuisine’s tradition this is the most important portion of any cuisine. So, when we talk about the origin of this dish (Scotch Eggs) accordingly to the Culinary Delights cookery it is originated from Yorkshire, England in the 19th century. From the early times, it is covered by the prepared fish pastry instead of using beef mince but with the passage of time, it contains many variations and changes. When we talk about the word ’Scotching’, it is a culinary process that is also sometimes cited as the origin.
Serving means where you can eat this dish or snacks. Basically, it’s a snack that you can eat daily in the evening and these eggs are easily available at many fast-food restaurants. Some people used and eat this dish at a picnic and then people called this dish a portion of picnic food. While in the United Kingdom or England these types of eggs are also available at supermarkets and many other corner shops.
There are several different names in this kind of dish and it is widely available in the United Kingdom. These different or alternative names of this dish are:
- Mini Scotch eggs
- Quail’s eggs
- Snack Eggs
- Picnic eggs
- Savoury eggs
- Beef Mince 500 g
- Salt as required
- White chili powder 1 tbsp
- Mustard paste 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tbsp
- Parsley 10 g
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Corn flour 1 cup
- Eggs 5
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
- Cooking oil as required
- Take a medium-size bowl with adding the beef mince.
- Then add salt as required, white chili powder, and mustard paste and mix it well.
- Then add Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and olive oil and mix it well until well combined.
- After mixing it well reserve it into the refrigerator for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let’s take fully boiled eggs.
- Cover all the eggs with reserved beef mince properly through your hands.
- Now fully dip all of them into the cornflour powder.
- After this dip boiled egg one by one into the simple egg liquid.
- When you are done with that then take bread crumbs and again dip boiled eggs into it.
- Now take a frying pan with adding oil for frying these boiled eggs.
- Take prepared boiled eggs and take them for deep fry into the cooking oil.
- Fry them until their color changes into brown.
- Your delicious scotch egg is about to ready to serve.
- In the last step, dish them out into the tray or bowl and cut them into two pieces.
- Serve and share them with your family and your loved ones.
- Enjoy the meal.
- Calories: 220 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 16.8g in one scotch egg
- Proteins: 11g
- Preparation Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: Almost half-hour required
- Serving: 2 to 3 Persons
- Origin: European region
- Cuisine: British Cuisine
- Taste: Salty and Crispy